RE: [PanoToolsNG] CD duplication (border line topic :-)

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 15, 2006
      Hi;

      We have a Bravo II. Duplicates and prints flawlessly. The ink is expensive,
      so we shop around for it. Best price so far is $38 for the color cartridge.
      The software that is included is basically a demo. It works, but will not
      print all the way to the center or to the edge. That requires purchasing
      the "full" version. *That* is a rip-off. The printer states it includes the
      software, and that one of the features is printing from the outer edge to
      the spindle hole. Not true unless you pop for the extra software. The
      printer only supports specific image formats (TIF, JPE, etc. in, then the
      software outputs the image format required.)

      So the printer is great, albeit the info misleading. The ink is expensive,
      but if you shop around you can save around $18.00.

      Rick Drew

    • deewaleed
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 16, 2006
        Tim,

        Give your coolpix another chance :-) Try asking at this yahoo group
        next door for advise:

        I was a member but sold my cp990 3 months ago.

        Good Luck,
        Waleed

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, T Molnar <tam@...> wrote:

        > Mike and Dave,
        > Thanks for the response.
        >
        > Looks like that investment is "toast" as they say, unless my wide angle
        > and fisheye lenses will work on later cool pix cameras.
        > Guess I will search that out.
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > tim

      • Mike Yother
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 16, 2006
          Waleed,

          Thank you for the info. One of the 990 group members has already made
          an instructional page showing how to repair it yourself and even
          includes the Nikon part number. For $14 plus shipping, I think my
          quadruplet grandkids will enjoy them.

          Here's the link to the excellent DIY tutorial:

          http://r.ruffin.home.att.net/cp990/CP990BatteryDoorLatchRepair.html

          Mike