How do you stop a panorama when you open another page

  • maston67
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2008
      Hello

      The problem: I have a pan on one of my web pages that also has links
      on it to clients' web pages. When you get to the Virtual Tour on the
      clients' pages there are then two pans running in two windows which
      causes havoc so how do you cause the first one to stop when you click
      on the link to external sites?

      Im guessing you attach some kind of javascript to the link or
      something.

      Many thanks

      Masten

      Masten Gregory

      (Using ptviewer)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2008
        On Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 9:11, maston67 wrote:

        > The problem: I have a pan on one of my web pages that also has links
        > on it to clients' web pages. When you get to the Virtual Tour on the
        > clients' pages there are then two pans running in two windows which
        > causes havoc so how do you cause the first one to stop when you click
        > on the link to external sites?

        Simply don't use autorotate. It's a nuisance anyway. Any time someone
        want's to look closely for a detail, the panorama rotates away. I
        know ther is the argument that most people don't realize that it's an
        interactive panorama. But as a matter of fact the same people think
        they are looking a vidoe if the panorama autorotates...

        > Im guessing you attach some kind of javascript to the link or
        > something.

        This might work, if the player has a javascript interface. All
        depends on what player you use. However, a well made player should
        simply stop all actions when loosing focus...

        best regards
      • maston67
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          Hi Erik

          Have to disagree with you on the autorotate.

          IMHO from a commmercial perspective uou've got to give web viewers a
          really strong initial impact and also automatically show them what
          the place has to offer. Some people wont even bother interacting
          with it. They need to have it shown to them as default. They dont
          care about the technology - whether it's video or not, it doesn't
          matter it just has to show they're thinking of visiting, booking in
          for etc...It's a bonus if they realise it's interactive which a fair
          few will.
          I think panoramic imaging (commercial revenue generating solutions
          anyway) are more about the overview rather then the details

          I sorted the javascript thing out with this

          document.ptviewer.stopAutoPan()

          which stops the pan on the page it's moving out of.

          cheers

          Masten

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>