CubeWorld iPhone pano viewer

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      I haven't seen any mention of this yet, which surprises me - or maybe
      I've just overlooked it as I catch up with email after being away?

      Anyway, CubeWorld, the OpenGL pano viewer written back when we had to
      jailbreak iPhones to get proper apps on them, has been updated from
      0.0.57 to a proper 1.0 release and is available on the App Store in
      the Photography section.
      (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287351553&mt=8)

      It doesn't have PangeaVR's extensive built-in library, but it does
      have a slightly different and quite nice interaction feel and set of
      user options. It also caches viewed panoramas locally until you
      choose to remove them, making it an excellent personal portfolio
      tool. Parts of the interface need tweaking, but I like how it works
      and what it does. Finally, it uses cubefaces with a maximum size of
      1024px. This gives it a slight resolution edge over equirects.

      I'm putting my money where my mouth is with regards to PangeaVR Pro -
      I've just bought it and I applaud Brian for his sterling work! But I
      will use both apps for a while and see how things work out.