Re: Seek samples of VR stuff used in newspapers

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

      > Can anybody help me?
      > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
      > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
      > success so far.
      >
      > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

      These are 2 of the best uses I seen in Washington Post recently.
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/ohtxshowdown/
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/interactives/moderndisciples/?
      hpid=multimedia1&hpv=national

      Here is my last Royal Wedding event in May for the Danish TV
      http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Oevrige_temaer/2008/Bryllup/20080523155236.htm

      And of course Gillles Vidals panoreportage
      http://www.rue89.com/panoreportage

      I have not seen any good ones in NYT for years now. The last I saw was this which is very
      irritating navigation
      http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/arts/20070419_MET_GRAPHIC.html

      Hans
    • Andrey Ilyin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
        Thank you, pals!

        Washington Post and ÒÍÅ publications - this is exactly what I needed.
        Also found a couple of good examples mentioned in Gary O'Brien's blog.

        The task I face is to demonstrate that even traditional newspapers
        can (and have) to use advanced technilogies.

        Airton,
        I plan to show a couple of your great carnival panos online during
        the 'lecture' for people from PR agency :)

        Cheers,
        Andrey