Re: Seek samples of VR stuff used in newspapers

  • Patrick Cheatham
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

      > Can anybody help me?
      > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
      > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
      > success so far.
      >
      > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

      You might check Gary O'Brien's blog:

      http://panoramist.blogspot.com/

      He mentions the NYT ones and others.

      Cheers,

      Patrick

      PanoSalado? http://panosalado.net
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

        > Can anybody help me?
        > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
        > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
        > success so far.
        >
        > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

        These are 2 of the best uses I seen in Washington Post recently.
        http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/ohtxshowdown/
        http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/interactives/moderndisciples/?
        hpid=multimedia1&hpv=national

        Here is my last Royal Wedding event in May for the Danish TV
        http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Oevrige_temaer/2008/Bryllup/20080523155236.htm

        And of course Gillles Vidals panoreportage
        http://www.rue89.com/panoreportage

        I have not seen any good ones in NYT for years now. The last I saw was this which is very
        irritating navigation
        http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/arts/20070419_MET_GRAPHIC.html

        Hans
      • Andrey Ilyin
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
          Thank you, pals!

          Washington Post and ÒÍÅ publications - this is exactly what I needed.
          Also found a couple of good examples mentioned in Gary O'Brien's blog.

          The task I face is to demonstrate that even traditional newspapers
          can (and have) to use advanced technilogies.

          Airton,
          I plan to show a couple of your great carnival panos online during
          the 'lecture' for people from PR agency :)

          Cheers,
          Andrey