Re: [PanoToolsNG] Seek samples of VR stuff used in newspapers

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      Andreyif you need from just Online Newspapers ...
      I have dozens of VRs published in the two biggest Brazil's newspapers.
      From Disasters, to Politics, to Fashion Shows, to Olympic Games, to
      Competitions and Sports, and Carnival, and etc ... :-)

      best
      AYRTON

      On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Andrey Ilyin <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

      > Can anybody help me?
      > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
      > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
      > success so far.
      >
      > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.
      >
      > Thank you in advance!

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Patrick Cheatham
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

        > Can anybody help me?
        > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
        > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
        > success so far.
        >
        > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

        You might check Gary O'Brien's blog:

        http://panoramist.blogspot.com/

        He mentions the NYT ones and others.

        Cheers,

        Patrick

        PanoSalado? http://panosalado.net
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

          > Can anybody help me?
          > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
          > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
          > success so far.
          >
          > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

          These are 2 of the best uses I seen in Washington Post recently.
          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/ohtxshowdown/
          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/interactives/moderndisciples/?
          hpid=multimedia1&hpv=national

          Here is my last Royal Wedding event in May for the Danish TV
          http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Oevrige_temaer/2008/Bryllup/20080523155236.htm

          And of course Gillles Vidals panoreportage
          http://www.rue89.com/panoreportage

          I have not seen any good ones in NYT for years now. The last I saw was this which is very
          irritating navigation
          http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/arts/20070419_MET_GRAPHIC.html

          Hans
        • Andrey Ilyin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
            Thank you, pals!

            Washington Post and ÒÍÅ publications - this is exactly what I needed.
            Also found a couple of good examples mentioned in Gary O'Brien's blog.

            The task I face is to demonstrate that even traditional newspapers
            can (and have) to use advanced technilogies.

            Airton,
            I plan to show a couple of your great carnival panos online during
            the 'lecture' for people from PR agency :)

            Cheers,
            Andrey