Seek samples of VR stuff used in newspapers

  • Andrey Ilyin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3 8:33 AM
      Can anybody help me?
      I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
      mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
      success so far.

      What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

      Thank you in advance!
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 5:12 PM
        Andreyif you need from just Online Newspapers ...
        I have dozens of VRs published in the two biggest Brazil's newspapers.
        From Disasters, to Politics, to Fashion Shows, to Olympic Games, to
        Competitions and Sports, and Carnival, and etc ... :-)

        best
        AYRTON

        On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Andrey Ilyin <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

        > Can anybody help me?
        > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
        > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
        > success so far.
        >
        > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.
        >
        > Thank you in advance!

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Patrick Cheatham
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 6:55 PM
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

          > Can anybody help me?
          > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
          > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
          > success so far.
          >
          > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

          You might check Gary O'Brien's blog:

          http://panoramist.blogspot.com/

          He mentions the NYT ones and others.

          Cheers,

          Patrick

          PanoSalado? http://panosalado.net
        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 11:09 PM
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

            > Can anybody help me?
            > I am trying to find some great examples from NYT and Washington Post,
            > mentioned earlyer on forums devoted to VR technology, but didn't
            > success so far.
            >
            > What a pity that I didn't bookmark these samples.

            These are 2 of the best uses I seen in Washington Post recently.
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/ohtxshowdown/
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/interactives/moderndisciples/?
            hpid=multimedia1&hpv=national

            Here is my last Royal Wedding event in May for the Danish TV
            http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Oevrige_temaer/2008/Bryllup/20080523155236.htm

            And of course Gillles Vidals panoreportage
            http://www.rue89.com/panoreportage

            I have not seen any good ones in NYT for years now. The last I saw was this which is very
            irritating navigation
            http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/19/arts/20070419_MET_GRAPHIC.html

            Hans
          • Andrey Ilyin
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4 1:12 PM
              Thank you, pals!

              Washington Post and ÒÍÅ publications - this is exactly what I needed.
              Also found a couple of good examples mentioned in Gary O'Brien's blog.

              The task I face is to demonstrate that even traditional newspapers
              can (and have) to use advanced technilogies.

              Airton,
              I plan to show a couple of your great carnival panos online during
              the 'lecture' for people from PR agency :)

              Cheers,
              Andrey