Re: Ladybug3!

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008

      > Wow, that is quite a bit larger than the original. I notice that it
      > now comes with a car top mount with suction cups, which takes me back
      > to one of Bill Meikle's Ladybug videos. Remember the "human POV"
      > Bill did in his hotel room in Hawaii where he used a flexible tripod
      > Gorillapod and duct tape to (painfully) attach his Ladybug to his
      > head? Well, now all he has to do is to shave his head nice and
      > smooth and suction-cup it right on!

      With the new cameras looking like speakers, it kinda looks like a miniature public address
      system stuck on the roof of the car. Reminds me of that final scene from the movie "Slacker"
      when the guy has the speakers on the roof of his car- "Free weapons giveaway program!" :)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBNT53WqXA
    • Milko K. Amorth
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi Bradford,
        > , it kinda looks like a miniature public address
        > system stuck on the roof of the car.
        First thing that came to my mind. Well, the new design might come in
        handy with all the public privacy issues going on, whatever that means.
        Then there is the 'pentagon' shape......let's not go there ;-) .

        When I first saw the Ladybug 2 in action with Bill the other day I was
        quite surprised about its small size and weight......and with that the
        still quite large parallax error coming with it.
        The Ladybug 3 seems quite a bit larger and the lenses seem not, so
        parallax will be increased. I wonder if the large conical black membrane
        around makes any difference to flaring.

        Here is a shot of the meeting with Bill and Jook last week:
        http://360image.de/jook/

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko K.Amorth