Re: [PanoToolsNG] Lucid Viewer 2.2 beta | 3D Collada Model Demo

  • Lars O. Grobe
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      > The upcoming version of Lucid Viewer will support fully interactive, 3D models in the
      > Collada file format.
      Jason, this is really cool! I tried and after updating to the newest
      flash player, it worked smoothly! And as Collada is a completely open
      standard, it allows me to save 3d-environments (including panoramas) in
      an open format to the web and still have people browse them without
      plug-in (but still - if they have a plug-in installed they can use it,
      it is their choice).

      I am not sure about the icons. I would expect one mode to move / rotate
      over camera, and one to move / rotate over an object. I found it a bit
      difficult to control the player, as I did not immediately understand the
      icon's meaning.

      Is there a chance that in foreseeable future, there will be x3d-support
      added, too? Would be cool, and both formats are quite closely related...

      Thanks and great work! CU Lars.