Lucid Viewer 2.2 beta | 3D Collada Model Demo

  • jasonvillmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 4:33 AM
      The upcoming version of Lucid Viewer will support fully interactive, 3D models in the
      Collada file format. Collada models can be created from a number of 3D applications, such
      as Maya, Blender, Sketchup Pro, and 3D Max.

      A demonstration can be seen at http://www.lucid.it/collada
      This demonstration is processor-demanding so it isn't recommended that you play the
      background video scene. Click and drag on both the Tank and Cow to manipulate their
      rotation in 3D space. The paintings on the wall additionally demonstrate standard object
      interactivity, such as tweening.

      For those Lucid Viewer developers who would like to take a closer look at the project, I'm
      offering it as a free download at http://www.lucid.it/collada.zip.
      This project incorporates Lucid Viewer's full potential, including a fully spherical video
      scene, interactive objects and now interactive, 3D models.

      I'll be putting together video tutorials beginning next week, including media files.
      I will additionally be making this 2.2 release available for formal download next week as
      well, after all bugs and tweaks have been made.
      I'll be out this weekend so I won't be able to respond to your comments. Enjoy the demo.

      Sincerely,
      Jason Villmer
      www.villmer.com
      jason@...
      Skype: villmer
    • Lars O. Grobe
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 4:55 AM
        > The upcoming version of Lucid Viewer will support fully interactive, 3D models in the
        > Collada file format.
        Jason, this is really cool! I tried and after updating to the newest
        flash player, it worked smoothly! And as Collada is a completely open
        standard, it allows me to save 3d-environments (including panoramas) in
        an open format to the web and still have people browse them without
        plug-in (but still - if they have a plug-in installed they can use it,
        it is their choice).

        I am not sure about the icons. I would expect one mode to move / rotate
        over camera, and one to move / rotate over an object. I found it a bit
        difficult to control the player, as I did not immediately understand the
        icon's meaning.

        Is there a chance that in foreseeable future, there will be x3d-support
        added, too? Would be cool, and both formats are quite closely related...

        Thanks and great work! CU Lars.