Re: Ladybug3!

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      > still this would be a great fun thing to have for web 360 videos
      >
      > Peter Murphy

      Only if you have 25.000$ ;-)

      regards!
    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 11:02 AM
        Wow, that is quite a bit larger than the original. I notice that it
        now comes with a car top mount with suction cups, which takes me back
        to one of Bill Meikle's Ladybug videos. Remember the "human POV"
        Bill did in his hotel room in Hawaii where he used a flexible tripod
        Gorillapod and duct tape to (painfully) attach his Ladybug to his
        head? Well, now all he has to do is to shave his head nice and
        smooth and suction-cup it right on!

        Go for it Bill! Get and new one; I bet it would work painlessly now 8-]

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        jriley@...

        On Aug 1, 2008, at 1:21 AM, Giorgio Marchetto - GIS Solution wrote:

        > Dedicated to all 360video lovers (like me)
        > http://www.ptgrey.com/products/upcoming/ladybug3/
        >
        > Giorgio Marchetto

      • bohonus
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1 11:36 AM

          > Wow, that is quite a bit larger than the original. I notice that it
          > now comes with a car top mount with suction cups, which takes me back
          > to one of Bill Meikle's Ladybug videos. Remember the "human POV"
          > Bill did in his hotel room in Hawaii where he used a flexible tripod
          > Gorillapod and duct tape to (painfully) attach his Ladybug to his
          > head? Well, now all he has to do is to shave his head nice and
          > smooth and suction-cup it right on!

          With the new cameras looking like speakers, it kinda looks like a miniature public address
          system stuck on the roof of the car. Reminds me of that final scene from the movie "Slacker"
          when the guy has the speakers on the roof of his car- "Free weapons giveaway program!" :)

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBNT53WqXA
        • Milko K. Amorth
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1 1:41 PM
            Hi Bradford,
            > , it kinda looks like a miniature public address
            > system stuck on the roof of the car.
            First thing that came to my mind. Well, the new design might come in
            handy with all the public privacy issues going on, whatever that means.
            Then there is the 'pentagon' shape......let's not go there ;-) .

            When I first saw the Ladybug 2 in action with Bill the other day I was
            quite surprised about its small size and weight......and with that the
            still quite large parallax error coming with it.
            The Ladybug 3 seems quite a bit larger and the lenses seem not, so
            parallax will be increased. I wonder if the large conical black membrane
            around makes any difference to flaring.

            Here is a shot of the meeting with Bill and Jook last week:
            http://360image.de/jook/

            Cheers, Milko

            --
            Milko K.Amorth