Re: Ladybug3!

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      it looks bigger than Ladybug2 == more parallax
      plus it is not based on Gigabit Ethernet cameras
      plus it doesnt look like it has very high quality lenses
      -- but you can capture the whole lot to a laptop it says

      there is a big gap still between this and a true digital cinema
      quality 360 video capture systeme
      -- for that raw capture and sophisticated colour/brightness control
      software are necessary too I think

      still this would be a great fun thing to have for web 360 videos

      Peter Murphy

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Giorgio Marchetto - GIS
      Solution" <giorgio.marchetto@...> wrote:

      > Dedicated to all 360video lovers (like me)
      > http://www.ptgrey.com/products/upcoming/ladybug3/
      >
      > Giorgio Marchetto

    • fierodeval
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
        > still this would be a great fun thing to have for web 360 videos
        >
        > Peter Murphy

        Only if you have 25.000$ ;-)

        regards!
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          Wow, that is quite a bit larger than the original. I notice that it
          now comes with a car top mount with suction cups, which takes me back
          to one of Bill Meikle's Ladybug videos. Remember the "human POV"
          Bill did in his hotel room in Hawaii where he used a flexible tripod
          Gorillapod and duct tape to (painfully) attach his Ladybug to his
          head? Well, now all he has to do is to shave his head nice and
          smooth and suction-cup it right on!

          Go for it Bill! Get and new one; I bet it would work painlessly now 8-]

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On Aug 1, 2008, at 1:21 AM, Giorgio Marchetto - GIS Solution wrote:

          > Dedicated to all 360video lovers (like me)
          > http://www.ptgrey.com/products/upcoming/ladybug3/
          >
          > Giorgio Marchetto

        • bohonus
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008

            > Wow, that is quite a bit larger than the original. I notice that it
            > now comes with a car top mount with suction cups, which takes me back
            > to one of Bill Meikle's Ladybug videos. Remember the "human POV"
            > Bill did in his hotel room in Hawaii where he used a flexible tripod
            > Gorillapod and duct tape to (painfully) attach his Ladybug to his
            > head? Well, now all he has to do is to shave his head nice and
            > smooth and suction-cup it right on!

            With the new cameras looking like speakers, it kinda looks like a miniature public address
            system stuck on the roof of the car. Reminds me of that final scene from the movie "Slacker"
            when the guy has the speakers on the roof of his car- "Free weapons giveaway program!" :)

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBNT53WqXA
          • Milko K. Amorth
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
              Hi Bradford,
              > , it kinda looks like a miniature public address
              > system stuck on the roof of the car.
              First thing that came to my mind. Well, the new design might come in
              handy with all the public privacy issues going on, whatever that means.
              Then there is the 'pentagon' shape......let's not go there ;-) .

              When I first saw the Ladybug 2 in action with Bill the other day I was
              quite surprised about its small size and weight......and with that the
              still quite large parallax error coming with it.
              The Ladybug 3 seems quite a bit larger and the lenses seem not, so
              parallax will be increased. I wonder if the large conical black membrane
              around makes any difference to flaring.

              Here is a shot of the meeting with Bill and Jook last week:
              http://360image.de/jook/

              Cheers, Milko

              --
              Milko K.Amorth