Re: WAS ... a bed in a cornfield NOW New variants in VR realm

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 31, 2008
      > This sort of thing doesn't appeal to me at all. But I wouldn't mind being
      > able to make little spheres with a panorama wrapped around them (on the
      > outside, like the new Microsoft display software) that you could ENTER
      > and then find yourself on the inside, enjoying the usual panorama VR
      > experience. You could then zoom up to each panorama sphere, see roughly
      > what it showed, then pop inside for a look.
      >
      > This would make a much more inviting and attractive kind of "hot spot,"
      > I feel.

      Though it is still in the "virtual" realm- this is how they embed VR panoramas within Second
      Life. There are virtual "galleries" that have spheres within the room. To view the VR you walk
      into the sphere. Sometimes they are very large and you walk up stairs or a ramp to put you in
      the middle of the sphere.
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 2 6:06 PM
        Thanks, Milko. I'll give it a try after I meet my next rather tight
        deadline.

        Roger

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com