WAS ... a bed in a cornfield NOW New variants in VR realm

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 31, 2008
      On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:31:27 +0900, bohonus <bradford@...> wrote:

      > Back into the VR realm, all of us are getting quite handy with patching
      > nadirs, windows,
      > fixing stitching errors and the like- it would be very cool to see more
      > juxtapositioning of
      > VR scenes within each other- things like having Paris on one side of the
      > street and Mexico
      > City on the other, the Brooklyn bridge crossing a waterway in China...
      > this type of thing.

      This sort of thing doesn't appeal to me at all. But I wouldn't mind being
      able to make little spheres with a panorama wrapped around them (on the
      outside, like the new Microsoft display software) that you could ENTER
      and then find yourself on the inside, enjoying the usual panorama VR
      experience. You could then zoom up to each panorama sphere, see roughly
      what it showed, then pop inside for a look.

      This would make a much more inviting and attractive kind of "hot spot,"
      I feel.

      I saw something like this a few years ago, but it used proprietary software
      and it's dropped below my event horizon since then...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 2, 2008
        Thanks, Milko. I'll give it a try after I meet my next rather tight
        deadline.

        Roger