Ladybug3 - new spherical digital video camera

  • Karol Kwiatek
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
      Have you seen new spherical digital video camera from Point Grey Research?
      Here is a link to the information published today:
      http://www.ptgrey.com/products/upcoming/ladybug3/index.asp

      Karol
    • Giorgio Marchetto - GIS Solution
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
        Sorry list
        I did't see that Karol already poted the new about Ladybug3.
        So, posted it another time, excuse me for duplication.

        My first impression is:
        positive: higher quality, only one units
        negative: higher size (more parallax error), lower frame rate

        However my impression is the positive point are more important the the
        negative ones.

        I suppose the old Ladybug 2 will go out of production.

        Let wait for the price, let's hope it will be no higher than ladybug2!

        Giorgio Marchetto
      • Thomas Demolliens
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 12:33 AM
          Specifications look very promising, 6 cameras @ 2 mpix each, if I'm
          right it will be the best resolution on the market.
          But the problem with the ladybug is its lack of accessories, for
          example no mobility pack proposed (backpack with batteries nor
          stabilisation system such as Immersive Media does propose).

          Regards,
          Thomas, Immersium
        • Thomas Demolliens
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 12:35 AM
            According to Point Grey, the price will be around twice the price of
            the ladybug2, so around 20k$...