Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Beware - Rogers is evil for US iPhones in Canada-Thanks

  • Milko K. Amorth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi John,
      > 00000-360VR? LOL!

      That is exactly what is going to happen, I am affraid. A lot of 0 ,
      AAA1, 360 and Panorama prefixes. Reminds me a lot of the beginning of
      search engine indexing.
      AltaVista style. A lot of irrelevant <title>content</title> just to get
      first in the list. Which was later on considered spaming by the search
      engine operators.

      Imagine, 500 portfolios ( which is maximum right now) and all start with
      0 , 1, A or 360? Although 360 , VR or Panorama in the Title might be
      relevant, but the vast number of listings renders an A to Z sorting
      useless because of redundancy.
      With the current data plan and overarage charge policies going on this
      is going to waste a lot of data for the user to find relevant
      information. Not good, it could backfire.

      With a max of 200 scenes in each portfolio possible it's a search night
      mare. How about trying to implement the same listing categories as WWP?
      Photographer's name and regions of the world all sorted A-Z.

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko K.Amorth
      ph:604.561.5101

      www.VRCanada.ca
      360° Immersive Imaging
      Skype: VRdundee
    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
        ... which brings me back to the idea to abandon the current order by
        Photographer site/ name and to think in something more useful for the
        average viewer. Some classification like Country/City/one more
        Keyword. I would imagine that these could be fed via the XML. Would
        give the viewer more clues.

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

        On Jul 31, 2008, at 18:05, John Riley wrote:

        > On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, AYRTON wrote:
        >
        > > > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
        > > > what to expect under other letters
        > >
        > > HEY
        > > That's nice
        > > I'm on "A" :-)
        > >
        > > AYRTON
        >
        > There sure are a lot starting with "360" (it seems numbers are before
        > letters.) That means a lot of viewers first look will be with Jook's
        > panos, which is very nice and should keep them coming back 8-) I
        > don't have an iPhone yet, but I guess that means my 4Pi-VR must be up
        > near the top then too.
        >
        > That reminds me of our local florist named "A Arrangement Flowers".
        > Ungrammatical? Yes! But it gets them the first listing in the
        > Yellow Pages. Also, I was looking for something in the C section of
        > business listings one day and saw that there was apparently a very
        > competitive situation for treating cocaine abuse (and perhaps
        > indicating the lack of attention span of abusers): the first listing
        > was for Cocaaaaaaaine, then Cocaaaaine, etc, which I found
        > hilarious. It made my wife and I joke about the hypothetical student
        > named Aaron Aardvark who always gets called on first.
        >
        > So, who will be the first to change the name of their portfolio to
        > 00000-360VR? LOL!
        >
        > John
        >
        > John Riley
        > johnriley@...