Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Beware - Rogers is evil for US iPhones in Canada-Thanks

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
      On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, AYRTON wrote:

      > > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
      > > what to expect under other letters
      >
      > HEY
      > That's nice
      > I'm on "A" :-)
      >
      > AYRTON

      There sure are a lot starting with "360" (it seems numbers are before
      letters.) That means a lot of viewers first look will be with Jook's
      panos, which is very nice and should keep them coming back 8-) I
      don't have an iPhone yet, but I guess that means my 4Pi-VR must be up
      near the top then too.

      That reminds me of our local florist named "A Arrangement Flowers".
      Ungrammatical? Yes! But it gets them the first listing in the
      Yellow Pages. Also, I was looking for something in the C section of
      business listings one day and saw that there was apparently a very
      competitive situation for treating cocaine abuse (and perhaps
      indicating the lack of attention span of abusers): the first listing
      was for Cocaaaaaaaine, then Cocaaaaine, etc, which I found
      hilarious. It made my wife and I joke about the hypothetical student
      named Aaron Aardvark who always gets called on first.

      So, who will be the first to change the name of their portfolio to
      00000-360VR? LOL!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • Milko K. Amorth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
        Hi John,
        > 00000-360VR? LOL!

        That is exactly what is going to happen, I am affraid. A lot of 0 ,
        AAA1, 360 and Panorama prefixes. Reminds me a lot of the beginning of
        search engine indexing.
        AltaVista style. A lot of irrelevant <title>content</title> just to get
        first in the list. Which was later on considered spaming by the search
        engine operators.

        Imagine, 500 portfolios ( which is maximum right now) and all start with
        0 , 1, A or 360? Although 360 , VR or Panorama in the Title might be
        relevant, but the vast number of listings renders an A to Z sorting
        useless because of redundancy.
        With the current data plan and overarage charge policies going on this
        is going to waste a lot of data for the user to find relevant
        information. Not good, it could backfire.

        With a max of 200 scenes in each portfolio possible it's a search night
        mare. How about trying to implement the same listing categories as WWP?
        Photographer's name and regions of the world all sorted A-Z.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko K.Amorth
        ph:604.561.5101

        www.VRCanada.ca
        360° Immersive Imaging
        Skype: VRdundee
      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
          ... which brings me back to the idea to abandon the current order by
          Photographer site/ name and to think in something more useful for the
          average viewer. Some classification like Country/City/one more
          Keyword. I would imagine that these could be fed via the XML. Would
          give the viewer more clues.

          Willy Kaemena

          http://bremen.360cities.net/
          http://syria.360cities.net/
          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

          On Jul 31, 2008, at 18:05, John Riley wrote:

          > On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, AYRTON wrote:
          >
          > > > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
          > > > what to expect under other letters
          > >
          > > HEY
          > > That's nice
          > > I'm on "A" :-)
          > >
          > > AYRTON
          >
          > There sure are a lot starting with "360" (it seems numbers are before
          > letters.) That means a lot of viewers first look will be with Jook's
          > panos, which is very nice and should keep them coming back 8-) I
          > don't have an iPhone yet, but I guess that means my 4Pi-VR must be up
          > near the top then too.
          >
          > That reminds me of our local florist named "A Arrangement Flowers".
          > Ungrammatical? Yes! But it gets them the first listing in the
          > Yellow Pages. Also, I was looking for something in the C section of
          > business listings one day and saw that there was apparently a very
          > competitive situation for treating cocaine abuse (and perhaps
          > indicating the lack of attention span of abusers): the first listing
          > was for Cocaaaaaaaine, then Cocaaaaine, etc, which I found
          > hilarious. It made my wife and I joke about the hypothetical student
          > named Aaron Aardvark who always gets called on first.
          >
          > So, who will be the first to change the name of their portfolio to
          > 00000-360VR? LOL!
          >
          > John
          >
          > John Riley
          > johnriley@...