Re: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Beware - Rogers is evil for US iPhones in Canada- Thanks

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
      Lars O. Grobe wrote:

      > Still, I think we should not use this list for continous posting of
      > access statistics, "success stories" or other business-information for
      > any product here. In the past weeks, a lot of this list became
      > buzz-talk, and as there is already quite a lot of traffic, we should
      > agree on an acceptable level of such posts.

      I'm sorry to disagree - both as a member and as a list moderator. The
      PangeaVR threads are perfectly on topic. The User Guidelines at
      http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines state: "PanotoolsNG was set up to
      provide a home for open discussion of the creation and display of panoramas,
      panoramic images and associated technologies." PangeaVR is clearly a
      technology associated to display of panoramas.

      That there is a lot of traffic on one subject is not the reason for low
      traffic on other subjects. If you are not interested in a topic, I suggest
      you use a threading mail or news reader, where you can set a thread to
      "ignore" or simply downscore threads with certain keywords. An example how
      to use thunderbird together with the PanotoolsNG usenet newsfeed for that
      pupose can be found on http://wiki.panotools.org/PanoTools:Newsreader

      Moreover discussions on what is on or off topic are off topic here.
      Panotools-List was set up especially for that purpose. Please refer to the
      User Guidelines for details.

      best regards

      -----