Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Beware - Rogers is evil for US iPhones in Canada-Thanks

  • Hemke
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
      I am happy about all new information of new programs and features.
      All developer please send your informatiions and news about your software and hardware again to this list.
      I think it is a great motivation for you to bring us your news and our feedback for you.
      We need you all.

      Torsten

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
        > I am happy about all new information of new programs and features.
        > All developer please send your informatiions and news about your software and hardware again to this list.
        I do not see any contradiction to what I wrote. But we should think
        about if also useage statistics, rankings and all kinds of reviews on
        youtube are that interesting to be posted for all panorama software and
        solutions available. Just a proposol to agree on what is on- and what is
        off-topic.

        CU Lars.
      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
          Lars

          I think as the new possibility to produce panoramas on a new media
          with a new software and and millions of new pano unaware clients it is
          interesting to see how the new media is being adopted.
          The youtube spots are reflecting the interest and are the only way to
          explain to somebody without access to these devices , what it is.
          As the software and the GUI of it , developed by Brian went to some
          modification already, we can learn and observe a lot how a GUI can
          influence your success

          watch carefully how this guy is operating the portfolio list:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nuGlnyX6A

          he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
          what to expect under other letters

          therefor my question for some numbers because this could be used to
          improve the GUI and learn a lot.

          Willy Kaemena

          http://bremen.360cities.net/
          http://syria.360cities.net/
          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

          especially watching the youtube movies gives a avery good view of
          how a new user is approaching the software.
          On Jul 31, 2008, at 14:38, Lars O. Grobe wrote:

          > > I am happy about all new information of new programs and features.
          > > All developer please send your informatiions and news about your
          > software and hardware again to this list.
          > I do not see any contradiction to what I wrote. But we should think
          > about if also useage statistics, rankings and all kinds of reviews on
          > youtube are that interesting to be posted for all panorama software
          > and
          > solutions available. Just a proposol to agree on what is on- and
          > what is
          > off-topic.
          >
          > CU Lars.

          Willy Kaemena

          http://bremen.360cities.net/
          http://syria.360cities.net/
          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
            On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:05 AM, <panokaemena@...> wrote:

            > watch carefully how this guy is operating the portfolio list:
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nuGlnyX6A
            >
            > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
            > what to expect under other letters

            HEY
            That's nice
            I'm on "A" :-)

            AYRTON

            > therefor my question for some numbers because this could be used to
            > improve the GUI and learn a lot.
            >

            > Willy Kaemena
            >
            > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu268.html
            > http://bremen.360cities.net/
            > http://syria.360cities.net/
            > http://lisbon.360cities.net/
            >
            > especially watching the youtube movies gives a avery good view of
            > how a new user is approaching the software.
            > On Jul 31, 2008, at 14:38, Lars O. Grobe wrote:
            >

            > > > I am happy about all new information of new programs and features.
            > > > All developer please send your informatiions and news about your
            > > software and hardware again to this list.
            > > I do not see any contradiction to what I wrote. But we should think
            > > about if also useage statistics, rankings and all kinds of reviews on
            > > youtube are that interesting to be posted for all panorama software
            > > and
            > > solutions available. Just a proposol to agree on what is on- and
            > > what is
            > > off-topic.
            > >
            > > CU Lars.

            > Willy Kaemena
            >
            > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu268.html
            > http://bremen.360cities.net/
            > http://syria.360cities.net/
            > http://lisbon.360cities.net/

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
              On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, AYRTON wrote:

              > > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
              > > what to expect under other letters
              >
              > HEY
              > That's nice
              > I'm on "A" :-)
              >
              > AYRTON

              There sure are a lot starting with "360" (it seems numbers are before
              letters.) That means a lot of viewers first look will be with Jook's
              panos, which is very nice and should keep them coming back 8-) I
              don't have an iPhone yet, but I guess that means my 4Pi-VR must be up
              near the top then too.

              That reminds me of our local florist named "A Arrangement Flowers".
              Ungrammatical? Yes! But it gets them the first listing in the
              Yellow Pages. Also, I was looking for something in the C section of
              business listings one day and saw that there was apparently a very
              competitive situation for treating cocaine abuse (and perhaps
              indicating the lack of attention span of abusers): the first listing
              was for Cocaaaaaaaine, then Cocaaaaine, etc, which I found
              hilarious. It made my wife and I joke about the hypothetical student
              named Aaron Aardvark who always gets called on first.

              So, who will be the first to change the name of their portfolio to
              00000-360VR? LOL!

              John

              John Riley
              johnriley@...
              jriley@...

            • Milko K. Amorth
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
                Hi John,
                > 00000-360VR? LOL!

                That is exactly what is going to happen, I am affraid. A lot of 0 ,
                AAA1, 360 and Panorama prefixes. Reminds me a lot of the beginning of
                search engine indexing.
                AltaVista style. A lot of irrelevant <title>content</title> just to get
                first in the list. Which was later on considered spaming by the search
                engine operators.

                Imagine, 500 portfolios ( which is maximum right now) and all start with
                0 , 1, A or 360? Although 360 , VR or Panorama in the Title might be
                relevant, but the vast number of listings renders an A to Z sorting
                useless because of redundancy.
                With the current data plan and overarage charge policies going on this
                is going to waste a lot of data for the user to find relevant
                information. Not good, it could backfire.

                With a max of 200 scenes in each portfolio possible it's a search night
                mare. How about trying to implement the same listing categories as WWP?
                Photographer's name and regions of the world all sorted A-Z.

                Cheers, Milko

                --
                Milko K.Amorth
                ph:604.561.5101

                www.VRCanada.ca
                360° Immersive Imaging
                Skype: VRdundee
              • panokaemena@mac.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
                  ... which brings me back to the idea to abandon the current order by
                  Photographer site/ name and to think in something more useful for the
                  average viewer. Some classification like Country/City/one more
                  Keyword. I would imagine that these could be fed via the XML. Would
                  give the viewer more clues.

                  Willy Kaemena

                  http://bremen.360cities.net/
                  http://syria.360cities.net/
                  http://lisbon.360cities.net/

                  On Jul 31, 2008, at 18:05, John Riley wrote:

                  > On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, AYRTON wrote:
                  >
                  > > > he goes only through the "A" panos ( of course) how he would guess
                  > > > what to expect under other letters
                  > >
                  > > HEY
                  > > That's nice
                  > > I'm on "A" :-)
                  > >
                  > > AYRTON
                  >
                  > There sure are a lot starting with "360" (it seems numbers are before
                  > letters.) That means a lot of viewers first look will be with Jook's
                  > panos, which is very nice and should keep them coming back 8-) I
                  > don't have an iPhone yet, but I guess that means my 4Pi-VR must be up
                  > near the top then too.
                  >
                  > That reminds me of our local florist named "A Arrangement Flowers".
                  > Ungrammatical? Yes! But it gets them the first listing in the
                  > Yellow Pages. Also, I was looking for something in the C section of
                  > business listings one day and saw that there was apparently a very
                  > competitive situation for treating cocaine abuse (and perhaps
                  > indicating the lack of attention span of abusers): the first listing
                  > was for Cocaaaaaaaine, then Cocaaaaine, etc, which I found
                  > hilarious. It made my wife and I joke about the hypothetical student
                  > named Aaron Aardvark who always gets called on first.
                  >
                  > So, who will be the first to change the name of their portfolio to
                  > 00000-360VR? LOL!
                  >
                  > John
                  >
                  > John Riley
                  > johnriley@...