Re: Havana 360

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 24, 2008
      >Posted by: "Lars O. Grobe" grobe@... larsgrobe

      >Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 am (PDT)

      >> What a strange old crumbling relic. A rotten jewel that will soon be shiny
      >> again....

      >Do you want some controversial political discussion on the topic, on
      >THIS list?

      What is controversial about what I said?

      -Cuba is falling apart (to put it very mildly)
      -One day it will not be falling apart quite so much

      if you find that controversial, I can assure you from my first-hand
      experience, that in the most general terms possible, that is the state
      of Cuba, regardless of what you might think about my or anyone else's
      politics.

      But I wasn't saying this in order to provoke or to discuss anything
      political. It is only my *very basic* observation.

      Anyway, just enjoy the panos :-) If you go to Cuba, bring ibuprofen or
      other medicine as gifts, they have real shortages of that stuff, and
      really appreciate small gifts like that. Also old mobile phones, now
      that they're legal.

      have fun,
      Jeffrey