Virtual Reality Via Your Phone

  • Jeffrey M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
      oh yeeeeeeeeeah!!!!!!

      everyone should watch this video
      :-)

      Jeffrey Martin

      Sent to you by Jeffrey M via Google Reader: Virtual Reality Via Your
      Phone via Google Maps Mania by Keir Clarke on 6/20/08 Enkin is a new
      hand-held navigation concept being developed by two
      German 'computational visualists'. It combines GPS, orientation
      sensors, and what looks like Google Maps and Google Earth.

      In essence Enkin seems to take placemarks that you have created in
      Google Maps and overlays them on top of a live video feed of the same
      location.

      It looks absolutely amazing. Just watch the video to see what I mean.

      Enkin from Enkin on Vimeo

      I want the first pair of sunglasses these guys produce with a built in
      monitor. Augmented reality here we come.

      You can learn more about the technical details of this at Enkin.net.

      Things you can do from here:
      - Subscribe to Google Maps Mania using Google Reader
      favorite sites

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
        If you are a reader and want to take this idea futher,
        read "Spook Country" by William Gibson.

        Here's the wiki...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spook_Country