Google Maps

  • sphereworks
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2008
      Hi,

      I have started to create a Google map with hotspots to images that I
      have taken. http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/google_map.php I wander if
      any of you could help me with a couple things or have any tips on
      producing this.

      On the map I have embedded onto this page it works a little different
      than if the map is opened in a new window. When viewed within my
      website the links to the VR images opened in the same window which
      might not be opened full screen, where as when you click on the links
      on the map when in its own window the VR's open in a new full screen
      window. I have tried to edit the html code on the links adding
      target="_blank" but it doesn't want to save it. Any ideas ? It
      would be nice to open the images full screen with javascript as I do
      in my website - tried that and failed.

      The other thing is that there are two images on this map that are
      very close to each other. I have seen it before where when you click
      or hover over it says that there are multiple images in the area and
      asks you to zoom in or something - anyone know how to do this?

      Once I have these two images working as I want them I'll add more to
      the map.

      Many Thanks,

      Peter
      www.sphereworks.co.uk
    • aiwetir
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2008
        you can check out the source code on my site http://pdxvr.com

        i believe i'm doing what you want. i have 3 slightly different
        implementations of my maps, one page like yours there, one map with
        each group of panos and one map accessible from the vr page. the only
        issue i had with opening vr's using javascript is you have to use
        single quotes instead of double quotes in some cases in javascript.

        mmm

        On 03 Jul 2008, at 05:30, sphereworks wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have started to create a Google map with hotspots to images that I
        > have taken. http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/google_map.php I wander if
        > any of you could help me with a couple things or have any tips on
        > producing this.
        >
        > On the map I have embedded onto this page it works a little different
        > than if the map is opened in a new window. When viewed within my
        > website the links to the VR images opened in the same window which
        > might not be opened full screen, where as when you click on the links
        > on the map when in its own window the VR's open in a new full screen
        > window. I have tried to edit the html code on the links adding
        > target="_blank" but it doesn't want to save it. Any ideas ? It
        > would be nice to open the images full screen with javascript as I do
        > in my website - tried that and failed.
        >
        > The other thing is that there are two images on this map that are
        > very close to each other. I have seen it before where when you click
        > or hover over it says that there are multiple images in the area and
        > asks you to zoom in or something - anyone know how to do this?
        >
        > Once I have these two images working as I want them I'll add more to
        > the map.
        >
        > Many Thanks,
        >
        > Peter
        > www.sphereworks.co.uk

      • sphereworks
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2008
          Yes great, thanks for that - will have a look at the code later.

          Cheers,

          Pete
          www.sphereworks.co.uk