Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 2 1:18 PM
      Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
      I suppose than now I have some useful info.

      slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
      hopeless, of course.

      At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
      current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
      a larger image.

      I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

      Fulvio Senore

      Uri Cogan ha scritto:
      > Fulvio Senore wrote:
      >

      >> So I am curious. Here is an old sample of a rather large java pano:
      >> http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/PTVTest/Prova5000.html
      >> <http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/PTVTest/Prova5000.html>
      >> May anybody test it with a Mac, just to report if it is fast enough?
      >> I am confident that, on modern computers, the speed could be easily
      >> doubled.

      > It would be interesting to see a full-screen Java pano. Your sample Took
      > 25 seconds to load fully - this probably depends on the connection speed
      > rather than on Java itself. panning and zooming were quite smooth.
      >
      > Mac Pro Intel dual processor 2 Ghz, Mac OS 10.5.3, Safari browser.

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2 1:18 PM