Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Patching the Nadir - when and how is best?

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
      A long time ago I used to patch the sky in my panos by using the "remap"
      panotools photoshop plugin to extract a circular fisheye image facing up.
      Then I did the reverse process to put it back again in the equirectangular
      image.

      Latter I found out that using the "adjust" tool to extract a rectlinear part
      of the panorama would give way better results after being inserted back. In
      fact it is almost impossible to see any difference when you place the
      patched part over the original pano, even at pixel level. When using the
      remap tool there was a noticeable blurring effect...

      (actually if you extract a fisheye image from an equirectangular pano using
      the remap tool you will get a strange resizing effect when remapping the
      extracted image back again: it will be remapped into a much bigger
      equirectangular than the original one)

      Fabio.