Re: [PanoToolsNG] QT 7.5 bug :-(

  • michel thoby
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2 9:07 AM
      Hi Ayrton,

      Le 2 juil. 08 à 17:13, AYRTON a écrit :

      > Guys could someone pls confirm that to me.
      >
      > I use to record videos with my Coolpix during the events I'm
      > shooting as
      > panos,
      > so I could later save the sound track to add to my webpages or my
      > Flash
      > files
      >
      > BUT, after I've update to QT 7.5 yesterday,
      > QT crashes whenever I try to open the AVI files that come out of my
      > Coolpix
      > camera :-(
      > On my old powerbook that I did not update and is still at 7.4 ...
      > it works
      > fine
      >
      > Thanks for any help
      >
      > Best

      CoolPix P5100; 2xG5 + MacOS10.4.11 and QT Player 7.5

      No anomaly here.

      This was my very first use of the CoolPix to record audio only: I did
      not get an *.AVI suffix as you suggest but a *.WAV in a separae
      "101SOUND" folder on the SD card.

      The DSCN0001.WAV file from the CP by default opened with ITunes but
      eventually I could open it with QTPlayer 7.5 pro and converted it
      into an autonomous .mov sound file.
      I inserted into a .mov panorama file with CubicConnector and then
      played in QT Player with no problem at all.

      Michel

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2 10:44 AM
        Still does NOT wok for me

        On my INTEL MAC with QT 7.5
        I've tried to :
        - re-install Perian
        - update my QT extras
        - mark the options at system preferences for QT
        - choose all MYME types
        and
        QT crashes of I try to open AVIs

        On my Coolpix I did not try yet to record just sounds .... to get the WAV
        files
        I try to record videos that gives me AVI files ...

        My old coolpixs they alll had MOV files instead of that s... AVI :-(

        Now I'm stuck ...

        Does anyone have an idea HOW I could go back to QT 7.4 withoput reinstalling
        the complete system ???
        I have a bcak up of my system from last week where the QT was the 7.4 ...

        Hans, Thoby, .... any idea ? PLEASE :-)

        Thanks
        AYRTON

        On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:07 PM, michel thoby <thobymichel@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ayrton,
        >
        > Le 2 juil. 08 à 17:13, AYRTON a écrit :
        >
        > > Guys could someone pls confirm that to me.
        > >
        > > I use to record videos with my Coolpix during the events I'm
        > > shooting as
        > > panos,
        > > so I could later save the sound track to add to my webpages or my
        > > Flash
        > > files
        > >
        > > BUT, after I've update to QT 7.5 yesterday,
        > > QT crashes whenever I try to open the AVI files that come out of my
        > > Coolpix
        > > camera :-(
        > > On my old powerbook that I did not update and is still at 7.4 ...
        > > it works
        > > fine
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help
        > >
        > > Best
        >
        > CoolPix P5100; 2xG5 + MacOS10.4.11 and QT Player 7.5
        >
        > No anomaly here.
        >
        > This was my very first use of the CoolPix to record audio only: I did
        > not get an *.AVI suffix as you suggest but a *.WAV in a separae
        > "101SOUND" folder on the SD card.
        >
        > The DSCN0001.WAV file from the CP by default opened with ITunes but
        > eventually I could open it with QTPlayer 7.5 pro and converted it
        > into an autonomous .mov sound file.
        > I inserted into a .mov panorama file with CubicConnector and then
        > played in QT Player with no problem at all.
        >
        > Michel

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • aiwetir
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 11:06 AM
          aryton,

          there are a series of quicktime version links here with a short blip
          of instructions for downgrading

          http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7964/apple-quicktime

          mmm
          On 02 Jul 2008, at 10:44, AYRTON wrote:

          > Still does NOT wok for me
          >
          > On my INTEL MAC with QT 7.5
          > I've tried to :
          > - re-install Perian
          > - update my QT extras
          > - mark the options at system preferences for QT
          > - choose all MYME types
          > and
          > QT crashes of I try to open AVIs
          >
          > On my Coolpix I did not try yet to record just sounds .... to get
          > the WAV
          > files
          > I try to record videos that gives me AVI files ...
          >
          > My old coolpixs they alll had MOV files instead of that s... AVI :-(
          >
          > Now I'm stuck ...
          >
          > Does anyone have an idea HOW I could go back to QT 7.4 withoput
          > reinstalling
          > the complete system ???
          > I have a bcak up of my system from last week where the QT was the
          > 7.4 ...
          >
          > Hans, Thoby, .... any idea ? PLEASE :-)
          >
          > Thanks
          > AYRTON
          >

          > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:07 PM, michel thoby
          > <thobymichel@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Ayrton,
          >>
          >> Le 2 juil. 08 à 17:13, AYRTON a écrit :
          >>
          >>> Guys could someone pls confirm that to me.
          >>>
          >>> I use to record videos with my Coolpix during the events I'm
          >>> shooting as
          >>> panos,
          >>> so I could later save the sound track to add to my webpages or my
          >>> Flash
          >>> files
          >>>
          >>> BUT, after I've update to QT 7.5 yesterday,
          >>> QT crashes whenever I try to open the AVI files that come out of my
          >>> Coolpix
          >>> camera :-(
          >>> On my old powerbook that I did not update and is still at 7.4 ...
          >>> it works
          >>> fine
          >>>
          >>> Thanks for any help
          >>>
          >>> Best
          >>
          >> CoolPix P5100; 2xG5 + MacOS10.4.11 and QT Player 7.5
          >>
          >> No anomaly here.
          >>
          >> This was my very first use of the CoolPix to record audio only: I did
          >> not get an *.AVI suffix as you suggest but a *.WAV in a separae
          >> "101SOUND" folder on the SD card.
          >>
          >> The DSCN0001.WAV file from the CP by default opened with ITunes but
          >> eventually I could open it with QTPlayer 7.5 pro and converted it
          >> into an autonomous .mov sound file.
          >> I inserted into a .mov panorama file with CubicConnector and then
          >> played in QT Player with no problem at all.
          >>
          >> Michel

          >> ------------------------------------
          >>
          >> --
          >>

          > --
          > ------------
          > | A Y R |
          > | T O N |
          > ------------
          >
          > + 55 21 9982 6313
          >
          > http://ayrton360.com
          > http://rio.360cities.net
          > http://vrfolio.com
          > http://ayrton.com

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 11:22 AM
            I forgot to say that I'm on TIGER yet ...
            maybe that's the problem,
            maybe the 7.5 QT works fine on Leopard but NOT on Tiger :-(

            AYRTON

            --
            ------------
            | A Y R |

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • Kathy Wheeler
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2 3:01 PM
              On 03/07/2008, at 3:44 AM, AYRTON wrote:
              > On my Coolpix I did not try yet to record just sounds .... to get
              > the WAV
              > files
              > I try to record videos that gives me AVI files ...

              Ayrton, have you tried another app (eg the free "Audacity" audio app)
              to convert the avi to wav? There are probably a number of command
              line converters too ("sox"??) that do not rely on the underlying QT
              architecture.

              KathyW.
            • Uri Cogan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2 4:04 PM
                I bought FPP and upgraded it to V2.2 but my programming skills are not
                good enough to use it, so I downloaded Flashificator 0.52, but so far,
                I'm unable to produce anything useful with it.

                In particular, I don't understand the following:

                1. What is "FPS"?
                2. What is, or which is the "FLV Player"? (when I check it, it wants a
                Flash video file)
                3. What would the "Preview Pano" be? (it wants a "preview picture")

                I tried to "flashificate" a QTVR panorama; I named the project
                "Testing", checked to "FPS" box and left the "FLV Player" and the
                "Preview Pano" unchecked, but all I got in my Documents Folder
                (Macintosh) is:

                autorotator.swf 2 KB
                fps.swf 270 bytes
                glassMeter.swf 8 KB
                movDecoder.swf 8 KB
                swfobject.js 7 KB
                testing.mov 1.5 MB
                testing.swf 13 KB
                testing.xml 0 bytes

                Any idea anyone?

                Uri.

              • Paulo Fernandes
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2 6:06 PM
                  Hi Uri,

                  FPS is "Frames per second" it should be a counter on one of the corners of
                  your panorama displaying it.
                  FLV is the format of video used by the Flash player, this way you can add
                  videos to your panoramas.
                  Preview Pano is (I think) a very low resolution, black & white image of your
                  panorama that appears before it loads,
                  this your the viewer gets something to look at, while your panorama loads.

                  You should falow the instructions that came with FPP and Flashificator, but
                  I think that you must add to the same folder
                  the pano.swf, file that came with FPP 2.2.

                  But if you still have questions you can check the flashpanoramas.com forum,
                  for more help :)

                  Hope it helps, and don't forget to give us a link when you're done :)

                  On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

                  > I bought FPP and upgraded it to V2.2 but my programming skills are not
                  > good enough to use it, so I downloaded Flashificator 0.52, but so far,
                  > I'm unable to produce anything useful with it.
                  >
                  > In particular, I don't understand the following:
                  >
                  > 1. What is "FPS"?
                  > 2. What is, or which is the "FLV Player"? (when I check it, it wants a
                  > Flash video file)
                  > 3. What would the "Preview Pano" be? (it wants a "preview picture")
                  >
                  > I tried to "flashificate" a QTVR panorama; I named the project
                  > "Testing", checked to "FPS" box and left the "FLV Player" and the
                  > "Preview Pano" unchecked, but all I got in my Documents Folder
                  > (Macintosh) is:
                  >
                  > autorotator.swf 2 KB
                  > fps.swf 270 bytes
                  > glassMeter.swf 8 KB
                  > movDecoder.swf 8 KB
                  > swfobject.js 7 KB
                  > testing.mov 1.5 MB
                  > testing.swf 13 KB
                  > testing.xml 0 bytes
                  >
                  > Any idea anyone?
                  >
                  > Uri.

                  Com os melhores cumprimentos,

                  Paulo Fernandes
                  Multimedia

                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                  Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multimédia
                  Rua Brito Capelo, 822 1ª trás
                  4450-068 Matosinhos - Portugal
                  Tel. +351 229 350 974 - Fax. +351 229 350 974
                  :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                • Roger Berry
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2 9:21 PM
                    Hi Uri,
                    I had a hard time getting started with FPP too, and I'm still trying
                    to learn a few more things about it.
                    If you are using cubes I would be happy to help you out.

                    Your html file should look something like this to open up the pano
                    cube images called elephant4:

                    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
                    Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-
                    transitional.dtd">
                    <head>
                    <title>Elephants in Jaipur, India</title>
                    <!--
                    /* hide from ie5 mac \*/
                    html {
                    height: 100%;
                    overflow: hidden;
                    }
                    #flashcontent {
                    height: 100%;
                    }
                    /* end hide */
                    body {
                    height: 100%;
                    margin: 0;
                    padding: 0;
                    background-color: #282828;
                    }
                    -->

                    <script type="text/javascript" src="files/swfobject.js"></script>

                    href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/">Adobe Flash
                    Player</a>.<br />
                    Built on <a href="http://flashpanoramas.com/player/">Flash Panorama
                    Player</a>.</div>
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                    var so = new SWFObject
                    ("files/pano.swf", "pano0", "100%", "100%", "9", "#282828");
                    so.addVariable("xml_file","elephant4.xml");
                    so.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
                    so.addParam("allowScriptAccess","sameDomain");
                    so.write("flashcontent");
                    window.document["pano"].focus();
                    </script>

                    Your xml file would look something like this:

                    <?xml version='1.0'?>
                    <panorama>
                    <parameters>

                    panoName = images/elephant4
                    zoomHome = 0.7

                    layer_2 = files/hotspots.swf

                    </parameters>

                    <hotspots>
                    <global onStart="external.autorotator.disabled=1"
                    onOver="scale=1.1,600,elastic;depth+=20" onOut="scale=1,300;depth-
                    =20">

                    <spot pan="-40" tilt="-10" url="images/black_p.png"
                    linked="images/snow" onClick="pano.leash=free;loadPano(?
                    panoName=images/nature&panHome=45&tiltHome=-45)" />

                    <spot pan="-20" tilt="10" url="images/black_p.png"
                    linked="images/snow" onClick="pano.leash=free; loadPano(?
                    panoName=images/nature)" />

                    <spot pan="0" tilt="-10" url="images/black_p.png"
                    linked="images/snow" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/nature)" />

                    <spot pan="20" tilt="10" url="images/black_p.png"
                    linked="images/snow" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/nature)" />

                    <spot pan="40" tilt="-10" url="images/black_p.png"
                    linked="images/snow" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/nature)" />

                    <spot pan="-30" tilt="-20" url="images/black_m.png"
                    linked="images/Nature" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/snow)" />

                    <spot pan="-10" tilt="-10" url="images/black_m.png"
                    linked="images/nature" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/snow)" />

                    <spot pan="10" tilt="10" url="images/black_m.png"
                    linked="images/nature" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/snow)" />

                    <spot pan="30" tilt="20" url="images/black_m.png"
                    linked="images/nature" onClick="loadPano(?panoName=images/snow)" />

                    </global>
                    </hotspots>

                    </panorama>

                    You will also need 2 folders.
                    One will be the folder: images
                    The oyher will be: files

                    Put your 6 cube images in the image folder along with the hotspot
                    images for turning up, down, and the rest (you can copy and
                    paste them from the FPP examples folder called images. later you can
                    add a lot more pano cube images to this folder.

                    Put all of the plugins in the files folder. you can copy and paste
                    these from the FPP examples folder called files.

                    Using the plugin "pano0" would be for cube images labled:
                    elephant4_0
                    elephant4_1
                    elephant4_2
                    elephant4_3
                    elephant4_4
                    elephant4_5

                    I hope this helps,
                    Roger Berry

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

                    > I bought FPP and upgraded it to V2.2 but my programming skills are
                    not
                    > good enough to use it, so I downloaded Flashificator 0.52, but so
                    far,
                    > I'm unable to produce anything useful with it.
                    >
                    > In particular, I don't understand the following:
                    >
                    > 1. What is "FPS"?
                    > 2. What is, or which is the "FLV Player"? (when I check it, it
                    wants a
                    > Flash video file)
                    > 3. What would the "Preview Pano" be? (it wants a "preview picture")
                    >
                    > I tried to "flashificate" a QTVR panorama; I named the project
                    > "Testing", checked to "FPS" box and left the "FLV Player" and the
                    > "Preview Pano" unchecked, but all I got in my Documents Folder
                    > (Macintosh) is:
                    >
                    > autorotator.swf 2 KB
                    > fps.swf 270 bytes
                    > glassMeter.swf 8 KB
                    > movDecoder.swf 8 KB
                    > swfobject.js 7 KB
                    > testing.mov 1.5 MB
                    > testing.swf 13 KB
                    > testing.xml 0 bytes
                    >

                    > Any idea anyone?
                    >
                    > Uri.

                  • Uri Cogan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 3 11:06 AM
                      Thanks to Paulo Fernandes and Roger Berry for your guidance and help.

                      As it turned out, the file order in my FPP folder was a bit scrambled
                      due to the various upgrades. Denis Chumakov, the creator of FPP was kind
                      enough to send me a copy of the new version (2.2.1) of FPP and now it
                      works just fine via Flashificator.

                      My goal is to rebuild my web site using an automatic switch between QT
                      and Flash.
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 3 8:07 PM
                        Hi to all

                        On this link there's a way to repair the new BUG of QT 7.5

                        <http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080617143056579>

                        Best
                        AYRTON

                        On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...>
                        wrote:

                        > On 03/07/2008, at 3:44 AM, AYRTON wrote:
                        > > On my Coolpix I did not try yet to record just sounds .... to get
                        > > the WAV
                        > > files
                        > > I try to record videos that gives me AVI files ...
                        >
                        > Ayrton, have you tried another app (eg the free "Audacity" audio app)
                        > to convert the avi to wav? There are probably a number of command
                        > line converters too ("sox"??) that do not rely on the underlying QT
                        > architecture.
                        >
                        > KathyW.

                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |