Re: OT: Audio inside a QT pano

  • Felipe González
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      thanks a lot for you input!

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Felipe González <felipe@...> wrote:

      > I know its slightly off-topic, but I need to know how to insert (and
      > play looping) an audio file inside a QT panorama.

      Best regards,

      from the subtropical regions of Mexico

      Felipe B.
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
        Yes Willy,
        that�s what Pano2QTVR does on Windows machines.
        You can integrate MP3 file very easly into a Quicktime pano.
        So it�s indepenant - use it on the internet or local- works perfectly.
        AND takes little space.
        Like this one which was created with Athmosphere:
        http://tinyurl.com/6a38bs

        Ciao
        Mike
        http://www.360de.de

        Mit freundlichen Gr�ssen
        HMS
        mailto: hmsmail@...
        Web: http://www.compulanz.de
        ----------------------------
        360� VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008

          > Yes Willy,
          > that´s what Pano2QTVR does on Windows machines.
          > You can integrate MP3 file very easly into a Quicktime pano.
          > So it´s indepenant - use it on the internet or local- works perfectly.
          > AND takes little space.
          > Like this one which was created with Athmosphere:
          > http://tinyurl.com/6a38bs

          Thanks Mike

          I did not know that pano2QTVR had this option.
          The feature list says Background sound for panoramas both for Pano2QTVR and Pano2VR
          But Pano2VR does only ad webpage background sound so I assumed that was also what
          Pano2QTVR does.

          Thomas should list this different.
          LIke ad movie audio for Pano2QTVR and Ad Background sound in HTML for Pano2VR

          Hans
        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
            Sometime around 2/7/08 (at 10:48 +0200) panokaemena@... said:

            >you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
            >CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
            >( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)

            Although CubicConnector appears not to be able to put more than one
            directional audio clip into a single movie.

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008

              > Sometime around 2/7/08 (at 10:48 +0200) panokaemena@... said:
              >
              > >you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
              > >CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
              > >( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)
              >
              > Although CubicConnector appears not to be able to put more than one
              > directional audio clip into a single movie.

              As far as I know there are no current software which can do that.
              Livestage could but is not alive anymore.
              SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.

              I can do it but that is by cheating a little with 2 software.
              Here is a demo.
              http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/qtvr/audio/multipleaudio.html

              There are 3 directional sounds. From the altar scroll up to the right for No 2 and move
              around and look down the church for No 3.
              The problem in this one is that I added sound with different length. They do not loop
              individually so that the longest one has to end before the other starts again. And the one
              at the altar is 2.30 while the other 2 are only 30 seconds.

              Hans
            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                Hans,
                I "only" have Pano2QTVR which works great with this issue.
                It says "Background Sound" on the "Sprites" tag, but you can select a MP3
                file.This will be integrated in the MOV file and
                is played when opened.Ther are the options "off, do not play" (???),
                "autoplay" and "autoplay and loop".
                I used it for some bands quite often - perfect, just because it uses MP3 and
                is really easy to handle.
                Ciao
                Mike
                http://www.360de.de

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                  Sometime around 3/7/08 (at 09:09 +0200) ptgroup said:

                  >I "only" have Pano2QTVR which works great with this issue.
                  >It says "Background Sound" on the "Sprites" tag

                  The issue Hans and I were talking about was specifically about
                  directional sound, audio that is linked to a particular area within a
                  panorama and pans with the movie. But it is useful to know about the
                  older Pano2QTVR's background audio embedding ability, thanks.

                • Kathy Wheeler
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                    On 03/07/2008, at 4:40 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                    > SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.

                    That is such as shame, it was a really neat app. I think I still may
                    have it on my old (hardly ever used) G3. So there is nothing around
                    anymore like it? I remember it could fade sounds in and out as you
                    panned through parts of the pano.

                    KathyW.
                  • panokaemena@mac.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                      Sure it is Kathy

                      on Mac you can fade in and out an put the sound (one sound) in
                      direction with CubicConnector
                      http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconnector/

                      Willy Kaemena

                      http://bremen.360cities.net/
                      http://syria.360cities.net/
                      http://lisbon.360cities.net/

                      On Jul 3, 2008, at 11:47, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

                      > On 03/07/2008, at 4:40 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                      > > SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.
                      >
                      > That is such as shame, it was a really neat app. I think I still may
                      > have it on my old (hardly ever used) G3. So there is nothing around
                      > anymore like it? I remember it could fade sounds in and out as you
                      > panned through parts of the pano.
                      >
                      > KathyW.

                      Willy Kaemena

                      http://bremen.360cities.net/
                      http://syria.360cities.net/
                      http://lisbon.360cities.net/

                    • Keith Martin
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                        Sometime around 3/7/08 (at 12:05 +0200) panokaemena@... said:

                        >on Mac you can fade in and out an put the sound (one sound) in
                        >direction with CubicConnector
                        >http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconnector/

                        Yes, that works very well - but as you say for only a single directional sound.

                        For more than one in a pano, the only non-discontinued solution that
                        I know of is to use Flash Panorama Player. I have a test example with
                        three directional sound loops here:

                        http://www.edmgallery.com/3d/experience