Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT: Audio inside a QT pano

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hans Nyberg wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> You can insert MP3 files with Pano2QTVR also.
      >> www.360de.de
      >

      > The question was how to put sound inside a QTVR.
      > Not on a webpage.

      What do you mean with "Not on a webpage"?

      Hans Nyberg wrote:

      > Unfortunately there is no real cheap authoring tool for that on Windows.

      Depends on what you consider "real cheap". I don't think 30 Euros (plus VAT)
      is too much for a nice piece of software that can do much more than just
      create QTVRs and put some sound into it...

      best regards

      -----
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
        Erik wrote:
        "What do you mean with "Not on a webpage"?"

        Erik you can have a separate soundfile on your webpage playing the
        sound for the pano ( that is the way pleinpot makes it)

        OR

        you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
        CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
        ( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

        On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:11, Erik Krause wrote:

        > Hans Nyberg wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> You can insert MP3 files with Pano2QTVR also.
        > >> www.360de.de
        > >

        > > The question was how to put sound inside a QTVR.
        > > Not on a webpage.
        > >

        > What do you mean with "Not on a webpage"?
        >
        > Hans Nyberg wrote:
        > >
        > > Unfortunately there is no real cheap authoring tool for that on
        > Windows.
        > >

        > Depends on what you consider "real cheap". I don't think 30 Euros
        > (plus VAT)
        > is too much for a nice piece of software that can do much more than
        > just
        > create QTVRs and put some sound into it...
        >
        > best regards
        >
        > -----
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

        Willy Kaemena

        http://bremen.360cities.net/
        http://syria.360cities.net/
        http://lisbon.360cities.net/

      • Felipe González
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi everyone,

          thanks a lot for you input!

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Felipe González <felipe@...> wrote:

          > I know its slightly off-topic, but I need to know how to insert (and
          > play looping) an audio file inside a QT panorama.

          Best regards,

          from the subtropical regions of Mexico

          Felipe B.
        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
            Yes Willy,
            that�s what Pano2QTVR does on Windows machines.
            You can integrate MP3 file very easly into a Quicktime pano.
            So it�s indepenant - use it on the internet or local- works perfectly.
            AND takes little space.
            Like this one which was created with Athmosphere:
            http://tinyurl.com/6a38bs

            Ciao
            Mike
            http://www.360de.de

            Mit freundlichen Gr�ssen
            HMS
            mailto: hmsmail@...
            Web: http://www.compulanz.de
            ----------------------------
            360� VR Fotografie:
            http://www.360de.de

            -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
            "What do you mean with "Not on a webpage"?"

            Erik you can have a separate soundfile on your webpage playing the
            sound for the pano ( that is the way pleinpot makes it)

            OR

            you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
            CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
            ( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)

            Willy Kaemena

            http://bremen.360cities.net/
            http://syria.360cities.net/
            http://lisbon.360cities.net/

            On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:11, Erik Krause wrote:

            > Hans Nyberg wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ptgroup" <ptgroup@...> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> You can insert MP3 files with Pano2QTVR also.
            > >> www.360de.de
            > >

            > > The question was how to put sound inside a QTVR.
            > > Not on a webpage.
            > >

            > What do you mean with "Not on a webpage"?
            >
            > Hans Nyberg wrote:
            > >
            > > Unfortunately there is no real cheap authoring tool for that on
            > Windows.
            > >

            > Depends on what you consider "real cheap". I don't think 30 Euros
            > (plus VAT)
            > is too much for a nice piece of software that can do much more than
            > just
            > create QTVRs and put some sound into it...
            >
            > best regards
            >
            > -----
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Willy Kaemena

            http://bremen.360cities.net/
            http://syria.360cities.net/
            http://lisbon.360cities.net/

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008

              > Yes Willy,
              > that´s what Pano2QTVR does on Windows machines.
              > You can integrate MP3 file very easly into a Quicktime pano.
              > So it´s indepenant - use it on the internet or local- works perfectly.
              > AND takes little space.
              > Like this one which was created with Athmosphere:
              > http://tinyurl.com/6a38bs

              Thanks Mike

              I did not know that pano2QTVR had this option.
              The feature list says Background sound for panoramas both for Pano2QTVR and Pano2VR
              But Pano2VR does only ad webpage background sound so I assumed that was also what
              Pano2QTVR does.

              Thomas should list this different.
              LIke ad movie audio for Pano2QTVR and Ad Background sound in HTML for Pano2VR

              Hans
            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008
                Sometime around 2/7/08 (at 10:48 +0200) panokaemena@... said:

                >you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
                >CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
                >( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)

                Although CubicConnector appears not to be able to put more than one
                directional audio clip into a single movie.

              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2, 2008

                  > Sometime around 2/7/08 (at 10:48 +0200) panokaemena@... said:
                  >
                  > >you can incorporate the sound file in the .MOV file this is what
                  > >CubicConnector ( Mac only ) can do, even define directional sound
                  > >( similar to what soundSA was able to in the past)
                  >
                  > Although CubicConnector appears not to be able to put more than one
                  > directional audio clip into a single movie.

                  As far as I know there are no current software which can do that.
                  Livestage could but is not alive anymore.
                  SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.

                  I can do it but that is by cheating a little with 2 software.
                  Here is a demo.
                  http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/qtvr/audio/multipleaudio.html

                  There are 3 directional sounds. From the altar scroll up to the right for No 2 and move
                  around and look down the church for No 3.
                  The problem in this one is that I added sound with different length. They do not loop
                  individually so that the longest one has to end before the other starts again. And the one
                  at the altar is 2.30 while the other 2 are only 30 seconds.

                  Hans
                • ptgroup
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                    Hans,
                    I "only" have Pano2QTVR which works great with this issue.
                    It says "Background Sound" on the "Sprites" tag, but you can select a MP3
                    file.This will be integrated in the MOV file and
                    is played when opened.Ther are the options "off, do not play" (???),
                    "autoplay" and "autoplay and loop".
                    I used it for some bands quite often - perfect, just because it uses MP3 and
                    is really easy to handle.
                    Ciao
                    Mike
                    http://www.360de.de

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                      Sometime around 3/7/08 (at 09:09 +0200) ptgroup said:

                      >I "only" have Pano2QTVR which works great with this issue.
                      >It says "Background Sound" on the "Sprites" tag

                      The issue Hans and I were talking about was specifically about
                      directional sound, audio that is linked to a particular area within a
                      panorama and pans with the movie. But it is useful to know about the
                      older Pano2QTVR's background audio embedding ability, thanks.

                    • Kathy Wheeler
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                        On 03/07/2008, at 4:40 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                        > SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.

                        That is such as shame, it was a really neat app. I think I still may
                        have it on my old (hardly ever used) G3. So there is nothing around
                        anymore like it? I remember it could fade sounds in and out as you
                        panned through parts of the pano.

                        KathyW.
                      • panokaemena@mac.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                          Sure it is Kathy

                          on Mac you can fade in and out an put the sound (one sound) in
                          direction with CubicConnector
                          http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconnector/

                          Willy Kaemena

                          http://bremen.360cities.net/
                          http://syria.360cities.net/
                          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

                          On Jul 3, 2008, at 11:47, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

                          > On 03/07/2008, at 4:40 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                          > > SoundSaVR could also do it but is also discontinued.
                          >
                          > That is such as shame, it was a really neat app. I think I still may
                          > have it on my old (hardly ever used) G3. So there is nothing around
                          > anymore like it? I remember it could fade sounds in and out as you
                          > panned through parts of the pano.
                          >
                          > KathyW.

                          Willy Kaemena

                          http://bremen.360cities.net/
                          http://syria.360cities.net/
                          http://lisbon.360cities.net/

                        • Keith Martin
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 3, 2008
                            Sometime around 3/7/08 (at 12:05 +0200) panokaemena@... said:

                            >on Mac you can fade in and out an put the sound (one sound) in
                            >direction with CubicConnector
                            >http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconnector/

                            Yes, that works very well - but as you say for only a single directional sound.

                            For more than one in a pano, the only non-discontinued solution that
                            I know of is to use Flash Panorama Player. I have a test example with
                            three directional sound loops here:

                            http://www.edmgallery.com/3d/experience