Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTSTEREO [options] in command line ?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 12:39 AM
      Neo-23 wrote:

      > But I'd like to discover the new dimension : PTSTEREO. My very first
      > try is a bit positive, but I believe Helmut Dersch as implemented
      > [options] in the command line tool... But -h doesn't return anything !

      Unfortunately there isn't much information about PTStereo. There is some in
      the original panotools distribution zip file. I suspect you found
      http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStereo
      And perhaps you can find something useful on
      http://4pi.org/tutorial/ptmorpher.en.html

      best regards
      Erik

      -----
    • Neo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 8:53 AM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>
        wrote:

        > Neo-23 wrote:
        > >
        > > But I'd like to discover the new dimension : PTSTEREO. My very
        first
        > > try is a bit positive, but I believe Helmut Dersch as implemented
        > > [options] in the command line tool... But -h doesn't return
        anything !

        > Unfortunately there isn't much information about PTStereo. There is
        some in
        > the original panotools distribution zip file. I suspect you found
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStereo
        > And perhaps you can find something useful on
        > http://4pi.org/tutorial/ptmorpher.en.html
        >
        > best regards
        > Erik
        >
        > -----
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

        Thanks for your answer Erik. It's too bad there is no description on
        this program, because it's already efficient. But I can't understand
        some points :
        when you do : PTSTEREO -h
        you have the return : Usage : PTSTereo [options] file1 file2...

        but when you give several good panotools script on file1, file2...
        The optimization and result is on the last file.

        Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 12:58 PM
          On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 15:53, Neo wrote:

          > but when you give several good panotools script on file1, file2...
          > The optimization and result is on the last file.
          >
          > Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?

          Yes, but I must admit that I never used PTStereo. Perhaps you find
          something in the mail archive: http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive
          All the old proj-imim and Panotools mails are archived there...

          As far as I know PTStereo was intended as a helper app for PTPicker.
          If PTStereo is invoked from within PTPicker you can spot the used
          command line paramters f.e. using sysinternals ProcessExplorer...

          best regards
        • Neo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4 7:11 AM
            wrote:

            > On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 15:53, Neo wrote:
            >
            > > but when you give several good panotools script on file1,
            file2...
            > > The optimization and result is on the last file.
            > >
            > > Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?
            >
            > Yes, but I must admit that I never used PTStereo. Perhaps you find
            > something in the mail archive: http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive
            > All the old proj-imim and Panotools mails are archived there...
            >
            > As far as I know PTStereo was intended as a helper app for
            PTPicker.
            > If PTStereo is invoked from within PTPicker you can spot the used
            > command line paramters f.e. using sysinternals ProcessExplorer...
            >
            > best regards
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Yes this is a good way to do !

            I didn't know something about sysinternals ProcessExplorer : that's
            really interesting. I will try it as soon as possible.

            At the moment, I just finished to read everything on the mail
            archive. Ptstereo is really developped for optimizing several
            pictures : that's what I need.

            But I found a limitation when too many control points are given on
            too many pictures (7 pictures, with 50 control points for each
            picture : it begins to crash : iterations begins but never ending..).

            So i'm looking for an option, perhap's about RAM allocation...
            Iterations control (limitation for average difference between control
            points to stop iterations)...

            Do you have any idea ?

            Thanks for your help Erik !
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4 8:07 AM
              On Friday, July 04, 2008 at 14:11, Neo wrote:

              > But I found a limitation when too many control points are given on
              > too many pictures (7 pictures, with 50 control points for each
              > picture : it begins to crash : iterations begins but never ending..).

              PTStereo relies on pano12.dll for large parts of it's functionality.
              Hence this could be a version problem. If I remember correctly pano12
              memory allocation strategy was somehow changed to make it more
              efficient. You could try to put an older pano12 version into the
              folder where PTStereo resides in order to have this used instead...

              If you find something, could you update the wiki page?

              best regards