Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 1, 2008
      On 02/07/2008, at 1:17 AM, Fulvio Senore wrote:
      > So I am curious. Here is an old sample of a rather large java pano:
      > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/PTVTest/Prova5000.html
      > May anybody test it with a Mac, just to report if it is fast enough?

      Loaded in just under 2 minutes for the whole page on my traffic
      shaped link. Certainly comparable with similar sized QT panos and
      possibly faster than some Flash ones I've seen of late - although
      that could also be bandwidth or link related so not a fair test.

      It was not smooth on panning thou. Pretty jerky.

      Mac 1.67 GHz PPC G4 , OS X 10.4.11

      Cheers,
      KathyW.
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore