Re: Nikon D700

  • Jakob Norstedt-Moberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
      On D3, and probably also on the D700, you set "automatic DX cropping
      off" just once and it will always interpret your 10.5 (and other DX
      lenses) as fullframe lenses. No problem.

      Jakob
      > You may well have to persuade the camera to use the full sensor when
      > using DX lenses. Isn't that a small issue with the Nikon D3, that a
      > DX lens will, by default at least, set the camera into a mode that
      > only uses the innder DX-sized sensor area?
      >
      > In which case, shaved or not, you'd be using something with a
      > resolution and sensor area of around 6MP - similar to a D70.
      >
      > This can almost certainly be overridden, but how easy is that, and
      > does it have to be done every time a DX lens is attached? Or every
      > time the camera is turned on with a DX lens fitted? I don't mean to
      > put this down, but these are things that are particularly important
      > to pano photographers.

    • Jeffrey Martin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
        > That's pretty close to what I trim down my d200 x 10.5 to anyhow (I
        > use 6880 x 3440).

        it depends on how you crop the source images.

        e.g. with canon 5d / shaved 10.5, if you use a 194 degree circle the
        "largest" pano is 6600x3300.

        if you use a 141 degree circle, the "largest" pano is 7400x3800.

        so yes your d700 will make panos around 7000x3500 with a 10.5 :-)

        Jeffrey Martin
        tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

        Re: Nikon D700
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/21035;_ylc=X3oDMTJzNHNnNmI4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMyMTAzNQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjE0OTMyOTYw>
        Posted
        by: "eli20sf" epoblitz@...
        <epoblitz@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Nikon%20D700> eli20sf
        <http://profiles.yahoo.com/eli20sf> Tue Jul 1, 2008 9:35 am (PDT) O.K. -
        looks like I found it - 6646 x 3323 (from
        http://www.360precision.com/360/index.cfm?precision=products.d3_n10pt5mm_6_0_fx
        )