Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 1, 2008
      I have a Mac Dual proc G5 2.0Ghz with 4 GB memory and this pano runs
      just ok. Flash panos the same size run much smoother than Java on my
      machine. The java pano plays jerky and sometimes the pano will hang
      for a bit.

      On Jul 1, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Fulvio Senore wrote:

      > I never looked at a Java pano with a Mac, but I am a bit puzzled about
      > the performance problem.
      > A lot of people are using Flash viewers, and I cannot believe that a
      > flash pano could faster than a java one, even on a Mac.
      > Flash panos are really slow if you want high quality output.
      >
      > So I am curious. Here is an old sample of a rather large java pano:
      > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/PTVTest/Prova5000.html
      > May anybody test it with a Mac, just to report if it is fast enough?
      > I am confident that, on modern computers, the speed could be easily
      > doubled.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Fulvio Senore

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography/Cinematography
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore