Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 1, 2008
      I never looked at a Java pano with a Mac, but I am a bit puzzled about
      the performance problem.
      A lot of people are using Flash viewers, and I cannot believe that a
      flash pano could faster than a java one, even on a Mac.
      Flash panos are really slow if you want high quality output.

      So I am curious. Here is an old sample of a rather large java pano:
      http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/PTVTest/Prova5000.html
      May anybody test it with a Mac, just to report if it is fast enough?
      I am confident that, on modern computers, the speed could be easily doubled.

      Thanks in advance.

      Fulvio Senore

      Ken Warner ha scritto:
      > More correctly, the issue is Apples implementation of Java
      > that denies a seqment of the internet community a viable
      > option for certain media presentations.
      >
      > Keith Martin wrote:
      >

      >> It is true that performance is at least largely Apple's
      >> responsibility. But remember that the end user doesn't give two hoots
      >> *who* hasn't made something work smoothly. Or to put it another way,
      >> the issue is not just Java and also not just the computer. It is Java
      >> on the computer.
      >>

      > ------------------------------------

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore