PTSTEREO [options] in command line ?

  • Neo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      This is my first post on this group ! I found many informations on this
      site and the wiki. So now I know how to obtain quite good results with
      pano 360 and a tripod. It's ok !

      But I'd like to discover the new dimension : PTSTEREO. My very first
      try is a bit positive, but I believe Helmut Dersch as implemented
      [options] in the command line tool... But -h doesn't return anything !

      Were can I found this list of options ?

      Thanks for your answers !

      Neoirto
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
        Neo-23 wrote:

        > But I'd like to discover the new dimension : PTSTEREO. My very first
        > try is a bit positive, but I believe Helmut Dersch as implemented
        > [options] in the command line tool... But -h doesn't return anything !

        Unfortunately there isn't much information about PTStereo. There is some in
        the original panotools distribution zip file. I suspect you found
        http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStereo
        And perhaps you can find something useful on
        http://4pi.org/tutorial/ptmorpher.en.html

        best regards
        Erik

        -----
      • Neo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>
          wrote:

          > Neo-23 wrote:
          > >
          > > But I'd like to discover the new dimension : PTSTEREO. My very
          first
          > > try is a bit positive, but I believe Helmut Dersch as implemented
          > > [options] in the command line tool... But -h doesn't return
          anything !

          > Unfortunately there isn't much information about PTStereo. There is
          some in
          > the original panotools distribution zip file. I suspect you found
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStereo
          > And perhaps you can find something useful on
          > http://4pi.org/tutorial/ptmorpher.en.html
          >
          > best regards
          > Erik
          >
          > -----
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

          Thanks for your answer Erik. It's too bad there is no description on
          this program, because it's already efficient. But I can't understand
          some points :
          when you do : PTSTEREO -h
          you have the return : Usage : PTSTereo [options] file1 file2...

          but when you give several good panotools script on file1, file2...
          The optimization and result is on the last file.

          Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
            On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 15:53, Neo wrote:

            > but when you give several good panotools script on file1, file2...
            > The optimization and result is on the last file.
            >
            > Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?

            Yes, but I must admit that I never used PTStereo. Perhaps you find
            something in the mail archive: http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive
            All the old proj-imim and Panotools mails are archived there...

            As far as I know PTStereo was intended as a helper app for PTPicker.
            If PTStereo is invoked from within PTPicker you can spot the used
            command line paramters f.e. using sysinternals ProcessExplorer...

            best regards
          • Neo
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
              wrote:

              > On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 15:53, Neo wrote:
              >
              > > but when you give several good panotools script on file1,
              file2...
              > > The optimization and result is on the last file.
              > >
              > > Options are the key to understand ! Don't you think so ?
              >
              > Yes, but I must admit that I never used PTStereo. Perhaps you find
              > something in the mail archive: http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive
              > All the old proj-imim and Panotools mails are archived there...
              >
              > As far as I know PTStereo was intended as a helper app for
              PTPicker.
              > If PTStereo is invoked from within PTPicker you can spot the used
              > command line paramters f.e. using sysinternals ProcessExplorer...
              >
              > best regards
              > Erik Krause
              > http://www.erik-krause.de

              Yes this is a good way to do !

              I didn't know something about sysinternals ProcessExplorer : that's
              really interesting. I will try it as soon as possible.

              At the moment, I just finished to read everything on the mail
              archive. Ptstereo is really developped for optimizing several
              pictures : that's what I need.

              But I found a limitation when too many control points are given on
              too many pictures (7 pictures, with 50 control points for each
              picture : it begins to crash : iterations begins but never ending..).

              So i'm looking for an option, perhap's about RAM allocation...
              Iterations control (limitation for average difference between control
              points to stop iterations)...

              Do you have any idea ?

              Thanks for your help Erik !
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
                On Friday, July 04, 2008 at 14:11, Neo wrote:

                > But I found a limitation when too many control points are given on
                > too many pictures (7 pictures, with 50 control points for each
                > picture : it begins to crash : iterations begins but never ending..).

                PTStereo relies on pano12.dll for large parts of it's functionality.
                Hence this could be a version problem. If I remember correctly pano12
                memory allocation strategy was somehow changed to make it more
                efficient. You could try to put an older pano12 version into the
                folder where PTStereo resides in order to have this used instead...

                If you find something, could you update the wiki page?

                best regards