Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 97 , Jul 1, 2008
      Sometime around 30/6/08 (at 18:10 +0300) Lars O. Grobe said:

      >This is a issue about you computer, not about Java. Java is known to run
      >quite well under OS X. Just be aware that there are different versions
      >of the Java Runtime.

      This is true. But it is also undeniably true that the Java experience
      on Macs has been patchy. Some things work fairly well, others are
      poor. And prior to Intel-based hardware the general experience was
      sometimes worse.

      It is true that performance is at least largely Apple's
      responsibility. But remember that the end user doesn't give two hoots
      *who* hasn't made something work smoothly. Or to put it another way,
      the issue is not just Java and also not just the computer. It is Java
      on the computer.

      >this is the reason that recent Java Runtimes are available only on
      >recent OS X releases. This is Apple support/marketing, not something
      >about Java - Apple wants you to buy a new OS release.

      Possibly. But also possibly because the newer code relies on newer OS
      code for honest-to-goodness technical reasons.

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore