Where to advertise VR equipment?

  • theriault3333
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      I have been thinking about getting out of doing VR photography lately,
      and have noticed that it is a challenge to find people looking for
      high-end VR equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to
      post a Spheron SpheroCam camera where it could get some decent
      exposure to professional VR photographers? Any thoughts would be
      appreciated.
    • konascott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "theriault3333" <theriault3@...>
        wrote:

        > I have been thinking about getting out of doing VR photography
        lately,
        > and have noticed that it is a challenge to find people looking for
        > high-end VR equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to
        > post a Spheron SpheroCam camera where it could get some decent
        > exposure to professional VR photographers? Any thoughts would be
        > appreciated.

        I see one on ebay, it is not getting much action there, current bit is
        at $127.50, which is am sure is way, way less then you would want for
        it.

        I am not a fan of line scan cameras myself, I find stitching discreet
        photos together works better for me.

        Scott
      • bohonus
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
          Not many people are very familiar with scanning back cameras (much less panoramic
          ones), I would suggest putting up more examples and other such "real world" info. The
          Spheron website is so buried in marketing fluff that it makes it difficult to find really good
          info on their products (hint: there is not much). Though the camera is several years old,
          the Phase-One sensor it uses should still produce very nice images. Have you considered
          providing it to a local camera shop for consignment rental? Do rental shops have such a
          thing I wonder? There are particular cases where a scanning back camera can be a real
          advantage, but just one particular job for example may not neccesitate the purchase of
          one outright. Maybe providing rental to people would be a good option to consider?