OT - smartphone suggestions

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
      Sorry for this mostly OT topic, but there is some On topic content as well.

      I'm looking to replace my increasingly flaky Treo 650 PDA phone and have the
      following wish list:

      1. I need to be able to display VR's (currently am using Kinoma)
      2. Need full synchronizing with MS Outlook (especially Calendar and
      Contacts)
      3. Needs to be compatible with Pocket Quicken
      4. Needs to run on the US Sprint network (I recently upgraded my wife's
      phone, so we still have about 21 months left on our contract.)

      Built-in GPS with directions would be nice, as would an MP3 player, but
      these are secondary to the three items mentioned above. The ability to
      remotely control a Canon camera would be cool as well!

      If anyone has experience with a smartphone that meets these requirements,
      please contact me off list.

      Thanks!

      Mark

      www.nyc.360cities.net <http://www.nyc.360cities.net/>

      www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

      www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 2:07 AM
        Sometime around 30/6/08 (at 11:19 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:

        >If anyone has experience with a smartphone that meets these requirements,
        >please contact me off list.

        Actually, although I'm not even contemplating ditching my iPhone
        (except for the next model), I would appreciate seeing replies
        on-list, if that's okay. Points #1 and the camera remote wish are
        both pretty much bang on topic here, and I find it interesting
        reading about this stuff.

      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8 10:37 AM
          Is anyone familiar with the Samsung Instinct? I'm wondering if it could
          display local VR's. From what I've seen, it has some really interesting
          features.

          Mark
          www.nyc.360cities.net
          www.pinnacle-vr.com
          www.northernlight.net

        • aiwetir
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8 11:19 AM
            it runs j2me so a java viewer should work, didn't helmut author one
            long ago ?

            mmm