Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File Format-

  • Lars O. Grobe
    Message 1 of 97 , Jun 30, 2008
      > My PB G4 also does note show java
      > and
      > my powermac G4 doesn't too
      >
      > I only get to see java in my intel-mac
      > :-(

      This is a issue about you computer, not about Java. Java is known to run
      quite well under OS X. Just be aware that there are different versions
      of the Java Runtime. And here is what the real problems seams to be
      about Java on a Mac. OS X Java is maintained by Apple, not by Sun. And
      this is the reason that recent Java Runtimes are available only on
      recent OS X releases. This is Apple support/marketing, not something
      about Java - Apple wants you to buy a new OS release.

      CU Lars (one Apple-victim, too, running OS X 10.3.9 and not getting Java
      updated for ages).

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore