Re: File Format-

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 97 , Jun 27, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, 360 Precision <matthew@...> wrote:

      > The problem is Java just sucks on anything platform other than
      > Windows. The only plug-in/tech I've ever had issues with on OS X is
      > Java and the Java plug-in. My powerbook still won't display ANY Java
      > applets regardless of 3 fresh installs and no one can find any issues.
      > Not only that, in the 10 years I shoot and produced panos again the
      > only reported problems to customers and clients were regarding Java.
      > People comment that QuickTime is dead well Java I feel is well and
      > truly buried.

      I worked on SGI machines a lot in the 90's. I remember a SUN rep coming in once when JAVA
      was new and pulling up a demo in my browser on my own Indigo2 (we had a few Suns as
      well).

      I told him- "Boeing built a 777 on that box and you're showing me a clock?" ;)

      That clock did a nice job pegging the processor though! :)
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore