Re: [!! SPAM] [PanoToolsNG] Re: Aerial panorama getting better

  • Sam Cuttriss
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
      most remote helicopter have some rather sophisticated gyro sensors built
      into them do they not?
      do they cancel out this sort of stuff? or just help normalise any
      erratic signals they receive.

      _sam

      johncharlesriley wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Martin Hrdlicka"
      > <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
      > ~~~~edited down to:
      >
      > > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
      > > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
      > >
      > > Marty
      > >

      > Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I
      > have to wonder how
      > much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera?
      > Unless it is gyro-
      > stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the
      > camera and have
      > the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in
      > an overall rotation of the
      > camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.
      >
      > Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?

    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
        sure. nobody would dare fly a heli without gyro these days.
        preferably with a function activated called heading lock.

        most likely you will find a futaba gy401 in 80% of all helicopters.
        http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0807-manual.pdf

        cheers
        juergen