Re: Aerial panorama getting better

  • johncharlesriley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Hrdlicka" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
      ~~~~edited down to:

      > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
      > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
      >
      > Marty

      Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I have to wonder how
      much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera? Unless it is gyro-
      stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the camera and have
      the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in an overall rotation of the
      camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.

      Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?
    • Sam Cuttriss
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
        most remote helicopter have some rather sophisticated gyro sensors built
        into them do they not?
        do they cancel out this sort of stuff? or just help normalise any
        erratic signals they receive.

        _sam

        johncharlesriley wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Martin Hrdlicka"
        > <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
        > ~~~~edited down to:
        >
        > > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
        > > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
        > >
        > > Marty
        > >

        > Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I
        > have to wonder how
        > much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera?
        > Unless it is gyro-
        > stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the
        > camera and have
        > the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in
        > an overall rotation of the
        > camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.
        >
        > Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
          sure. nobody would dare fly a heli without gyro these days.
          preferably with a function activated called heading lock.

          most likely you will find a futaba gy401 in 80% of all helicopters.
          http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0807-manual.pdf

          cheers
          juergen