Re: Aerial panorama getting better

  • Martin Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernd" <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

      > Hi Marty, very nice Pano !!!
      > One question please: You control the RC heli and your cam at the same
      > time ?
      > Or is anybody else helping you and fly for example the model heli ?
      > I think it's a very interesting technique.
      >
      > Cheers Bernd
      > http://www.360Bilder.de

      Hi, thank you.
      My pilot does everything alone and all is in the same time ;-)
      I just assist passively :-) and then stitch pictures very actively..
      Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
      only a camera. A few steps to perfection...

      Marty
    • johncharlesriley
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Hrdlicka" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
        ~~~~edited down to:

        > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
        > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
        >
        > Marty

        Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I have to wonder how
        much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera? Unless it is gyro-
        stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the camera and have
        the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in an overall rotation of the
        camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.

        Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?
      • Sam Cuttriss
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
          most remote helicopter have some rather sophisticated gyro sensors built
          into them do they not?
          do they cancel out this sort of stuff? or just help normalise any
          erratic signals they receive.

          _sam

          johncharlesriley wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Martin Hrdlicka"
          > <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
          > ~~~~edited down to:
          >
          > > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
          > > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
          > >
          > > Marty
          > >

          > Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I
          > have to wonder how
          > much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera?
          > Unless it is gyro-
          > stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the
          > camera and have
          > the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in
          > an overall rotation of the
          > camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.
          >
          > Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?

        • Juergen Schrader
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
            sure. nobody would dare fly a heli without gyro these days.
            preferably with a function activated called heading lock.

            most likely you will find a futaba gy401 in 80% of all helicopters.
            http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0807-manual.pdf

            cheers
            juergen