Re: File Format- Another sample image-

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 97 , Jun 26, 2008
      For those who are interested- I have put up another .jp2 panorama sample image-

      This one started out as a 719MB, 6,000x41,901 cylindrical panorama that I shot just
      yesterday (Panoscan mk3, Mamiya 80mm lens).

      The .jp2 version is 20MB in size:

      http://www.bohonus.com/temp/File_706.pano.jp2

      Even though this file is 300MB larger than the previous sample, the compressed version is
      10MB smaller (both were done at the same quality settings). This is due to the fact that a
      decent size portion of the image pan does not have as much detail as the rest of the image.
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2 1:18 PM
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore