Aerial panorama getting better

  • Martin Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hello list,
      forgive my post but I am little bit happy with my another aerial pano.

      Thanks for having a look :

      http://www.panorama360.cz/heli4

      Not perfect yet :-( and not the sky yet

      marty
    • Philipp B. Koch
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 26, 2008
        Wow, respect! This looks awesome! What flying object do you use to get
        the camera in the air? Heli, microcopter?
        How do you control the camera?

        Regards, Philipp

        Martin Hrdlicka schrieb:
        > Hello list,
        > forgive my post but I am little bit happy with my another aerial pano.
        >
        > Thanks for having a look :
        >
        > http://www.panorama360.cz/heli4
        >
        > Not perfect yet :-( and not the sky yet
        >
        > marty
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 26, 2008
          very nice, martin.
          didn't you try to shoot a picture from the ground to complete the
          skies.

          cheers
          juergen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Martin
          Hrdlicka" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

          > Hello list,
          > forgive my post but I am little bit happy with my another aerial
          pano.

          > Thanks for having a look :
          >
          > http://www.panorama360.cz/heli4
          >
          > Not perfect yet :-( and not the sky yet
          >
          > marty

        • Martin Hrdlicka
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 26, 2008
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>
            wrote:

            > very nice, martin.
            > didn't you try to shoot a picture from the ground to complete the
            > skies.
            >
            > cheers
            > juergen

            I forget to do a picture of the sky.
            I may add some additionally.... later.. ;-)
            Martin

            PS:RC heli, 6 shots
          • Bernd
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
              Hi Marty, very nice Pano !!!
              One question please: You control the RC heli and your cam at the same
              time ?
              Or is anybody else helping you and fly for example the model heli ?
              I think it's a very interesting technique.

              Cheers Bernd
              http://www.360Bilder.de
            • Martin Hrdlicka
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Bernd" <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                > Hi Marty, very nice Pano !!!
                > One question please: You control the RC heli and your cam at the same
                > time ?
                > Or is anybody else helping you and fly for example the model heli ?
                > I think it's a very interesting technique.
                >
                > Cheers Bernd
                > http://www.360Bilder.de

                Hi, thank you.
                My pilot does everything alone and all is in the same time ;-)
                I just assist passively :-) and then stitch pictures very actively..
                Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
                only a camera. A few steps to perfection...

                Marty
              • johncharlesriley
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Hrdlicka" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:
                  ~~~~edited down to:

                  > Our first step is to rotate the whole heli but we work on rotating
                  > only a camera. A few steps to perfection...
                  >
                  > Marty

                  Since I am a physics prof and teach angular momentum conservation, I have to wonder how
                  much the copter will rotate in the opposite direction to the camera? Unless it is gyro-
                  stabilized, you might make a servo command for a 90 degree turn of the camera and have
                  the copter rotate 30 degrees in the opposite direction, resulting in an overall rotation of the
                  camera of 60 degrees relative to the ground.

                  Anyone doing this sort of think noticed this and had to account for it?
                • Sam Cuttriss
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 27, 2008
                    most remote helicopter have some rather sophisticated gyro sensors built
                    into them do they not?
                    do they cancel out this sort of stuff? or just help normalise any
                    erratic signals they receive.

                    _sam

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 28, 2008
                      sure. nobody would dare fly a heli without gyro these days.
                      preferably with a function activated called heading lock.

                      most likely you will find a futaba gy401 in 80% of all helicopters.
                      http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0807-manual.pdf

                      cheers
                      juergen