Re: Orientation aware camera demo

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008

      > I saw this, and I think some might find this interesting.
      > It is a camera that has a 3-axis magnetometer and a 3-axis accelerometer.
      > The app shows him painting a pano in real-time.
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/amagill/2610193676/in/pool-make

      It is cool to see that this is still an area of interest to people (video mosaicing). Though his
      mosaic is put together based only on the position of the camera- here is some info on the
      subject (from 1997!) where the actual frames are analyzed-

      http://www.bmva.ac.uk/bmvc/1997/papers/peleg/paper.html

      And the same thing but utilizing some HDR aspects-

      http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danix/hdr/panorama.html

      I hope more becomes of these ideas.

      Btw- subsequent google searches on this topic based on terms found in these pages
      results in many other cool sites and projects to see! :)