File Format-

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 97 , Jun 22, 2008
      Don't know about the rest of you, but I myself would like to see a new file format created
      specifically for interactive vr panoramas. This loosey-goosey thing with the separate xml
      files, cube faces, equirects or massive hierarchical folders of image tiles is not going to cut it
      in the long run. I know some efforts have already been made in this area, but I am not seeing
      it find its way into all these new or current viewers and authoring tools. It would be a good
      step towards breaking free of the Quicktime bonds and even add some more legitimacy to
      the existence of interactive panoramas- if we had a concrete format for this imagery and
      everything that goes along with it stuffed into a nice neat single file.
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 2, 2008
        Many thanks to all those who took the time to test the pano.
        I suppose than now I have some useful info.

        slow loading is caused by the internet connection. Unless java on Mac is
        hopeless, of course.

        At the moment there is no point in having a larger pano, since the
        current implementation of java has not enough memory available to store
        a larger image.

        I hope that I will be able to prepare something in the next months.

        Fulvio Senore