Pure Player Pro Tours Java - MIME type issues (I think)

  • texas_caver
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
      Hello Everyone,

      I have another question for the experienced. I've been publishing
      360s in java using Pure Player. I've gotten some bizzare results. I
      use Pure Player to publish and finish up with Dreamweaver to polish
      up the html code. I check locally with IE and Firefox. All is well up
      till here. Now that I've migrated to another server (windows based)
      with Hostexcellence, it gone to Hell. At first everything worked
      except the pure player tours. Tours (linked with hotspots) don't load
      because they can't find the .ivp file (it really is there) and the
      single 360s load but don't have the GUI at all. The techs added this
      MIME (.ivp application/octet-stream) and got those mixed results. Is
      there another MIME type out there? Is there a better server type to
      use? Is it an issue with workflow and how I'm using Pure Player? I'd
      like to stick with smaller files in java since I'm working mainly in
      countries without true high bandwidth.

      Regards,

      Ben
    • Dave 360texas.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
        Hmm we have stayed away from Microsoft server types. We use a UNIX
        type server.

      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
          Quoting "Dave 360texas.com" <texas360dave@...>:

          > Hmm we have stayed away from Microsoft server types. We use a UNIX
          > type server.
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas_caver" <ben.kim@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Everyone,
          > >
          > > I have another question for the experienced. I've been publishing
          > > 360s in java using Pure Player. I've gotten some bizzare results.

          I just uploaded some files to what I assume is apache (but I could be wrong)
          anybody know how to use "host" www.panagito.com ?

          anyway something wouldn't work and as per usual the permissions were changed
          on the .js file so nobody could read it.
          regrads

          mick

        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
            Quoting texas_caver <ben.kim@...>:

            > Hello Everyone,
            > Tours (linked with hotspots) don't load
            > because they can't find the .ivp file (it really is there) and the
            > single 360s load but don't have the GUI at all. The techs added this
            > MIME (.ivp application/octet-stream) and got those mixed results.

            as I found out the other day you can add your own mime types in a .htaccess
            file in the directory that needs it.
            what you need tho' I have no clue.
            regards

            mick

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
              I just tried pangito. I hate it when a site thinks they can resize my browser
              window full screen...

            • crane@ukonline.co.uk
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                Quoting Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>:

                > I just tried pangito. I hate it when a site thinks they can resize my
                > browser
                > window full screen...
                you are right the index page shouldn't do that. my mistake.
                suggestions welcome how to do it politely

                regards

                mick

              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                  Modify this javascript I made for fullscreen.

                  Essentially, it will only resize the browser if it falls below spec
                  (800pixels wide). Usefull, for when the page is opened in a new window
                  pop-up size, or is already maximized. There are hundreds of nasty fullscreen
                  pages out there resizing all our maximized browsers and browsers than only
                  fill half of our 40 inch lcds.

                  <script type="text/javascript">

                  <!--

                  window.addEvent('domready', function checksize() {

                  if (navigator.plugins && navigator.plugins.length >0) {

                  thiswidth = window.outerWidth;

                  }

                  else {

                  thiswidth = document.body.clientWidth + 36;

                  }

                  if (thiswidth < 800) {

                  self.resizeTo(800,window.screen.availHeight)

                  }

                  });

                  // -->

                  </script>

                  Sacha Griffin

                  Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                  http://www.southern-digital.com

                  http://www.seeit360.net

                  404-551-4275

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                    Quoting Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...>:

                    > Modify this javascript I made for fullscreen.
                    >
                    > Essentially, it will only resize the browser if it falls below spec
                    > (800pixels wide). Usefull, for when the page is opened in a new window
                    > pop-up size, or is already maximized. There are hundreds of nasty fullscreen
                    > pages out there resizing all our maximized browsers and browsers than only
                    > fill half of our 40 inch lcds.

                    hey thanks.
                    yes I can see how that would be irritating.
                    But I think the full screen can be full screen, don't you agree ?
                    I haven't seen this stuff on the big monitors yet.

                    regards

                    Michael Crane

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                      ...bring up the page in the current browser window with
                      a button that says "Full Screen"... And that brings up
                      a separate full screen browser window. Duh!!!

                    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                        Quoting Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>:

                        > ...bring up the page in the current browser window with
                        > a button that says "Full Screen"... And that brings up
                        > a separate full screen browser window. Duh!!!

                        yes you are right that is much more polite

                      • Jim Watters
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                          crane@... wrote:
                          > But I think the full screen can be full screen, don't you agree ?
                          > Michael Crane

                          I like the idea of only resizing after checking the current size with
                          the smallest size that is necessary to view the page.

                          I have stopped complaining about people resizing my browser on me.
                          I use this little BookMarklet, a JavaScript in a bookmark, that brings
                          my window back to exactly the way I want it, anytime.
                          javascript:void(window.moveTo(0,0),%20window.resizeTo(940,990))

                          Substitute in your own position and size.

                          Another useful BookMarklet I find useful is this one that will take the
                          current web page and create a tinyurl of it.
                          javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

                          --
                          Jim Watters

                          jwatters @ photocreations . ca
                          http://photocreations.ca
                        • Flemming V. Larsen
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                            Have a look at Immervision Forum
                            http://www.immervision.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=903&highlight=mime

                            3 mime types are listed

                            .ivp application/octet-stream
                            .ivu application/octet-stream
                            .ivi application/octet-stream

                            - Flemming

                            > I have another question for the experienced. I've been publishing
                            > 360s in java using Pure Player. I've gotten some bizzare results. I
                            > use Pure Player to publish and finish up with Dreamweaver to polish
                            > up the html code. I check locally with IE and Firefox. All is well up
                            > till here. Now that I've migrated to another server (windows based)
                            > with Hostexcellence, it gone to Hell. At first everything worked
                            > except the pure player tours. Tours (linked with hotspots) don't load
                            > because they can't find the .ivp file (it really is there) and the
                            > single 360s load but don't have the GUI at all. The techs added this
                            > MIME (.ivp application/octet-stream) and got those mixed results. Is
                            > there another MIME type out there? Is there a better server type to
                            > use? Is it an issue with workflow and how I'm using Pure Player? I'd
                            > like to stick with smaller files in java since I'm working mainly in
                            > countries without true high bandwidth.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            >
                            > Ben

                          • Charlie Hubbard
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                              That is brilliant! Thanks for sharing that. It never would have
                              occurred to me to store javascript in a bookmark. Brilliant and useful!
                              Now maybe I'll actually look at some of the panos linked on the forums.

                              > Another useful BookMarklet I find useful is this one that will take the
                              > current web page and create a tinyurl of it.
                              > javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

                            • wardnet2001
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                                Hi

                                Is it possible to author a web page that will open a new
                                (non)fullscreen window that has a _maximum_ size, so that the new
                                window will open and fill fullscreen a smallish monitor, yet open to a
                                maximum
                                stipulated size on a large monitor.

                                i.e. modify this type of javascript in the head

                                <SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
                                function winopen(aName,aURL){
                                aName=window.open("","","scrollbars")
                                aName.moveTo(0,0)
                                aName.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
                                aName.location=aURL
                                }
                                </SCRIPT>

                                with this link in the body

                                javascript:winopen('newindow','fullscreen.html')

                                Thanks

                                Bill
                              • Sacha Griffin
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 18, 2008
                                  Of course, its all in the checking the sizes in the javascript and using an
                                  if statement to execute the choice.

                                  if window < 800

                                  {
                                  do your moveto, resize available
                                  }
                                  if window > 800
                                  {
                                  self.resizeTo(1024,window.screen.availHeight "or a number here");
                                  }

                                  just make sure to use correct cross-browser checking to fill the values for
                                  the heights and widths, as they are different in ie and mozilla.

                                  if (navigator.plugins && navigator.plugins.length >0) {
                                  thiswidth = window.outerWidth;
                                  }
                                  else {
                                  thiswidth = document.body.clientWidth + 36;
                                  }

                                  Of course, fix the syntax and variables..and everything else.. but you get
                                  the point. I think javascipt uses "else", so thats probably even better.

                                  --

                                  Sacha Griffin
                                  Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                                  http://www.southern-digital.com
                                  http://www.seeit360.net
                                  404-551-4275

                                • dalileis
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 21, 2008
                                    Hi Sacha and thanks for the script.

                                    Sadly it´s not working when tested on Windows XP, Firefox 2.0.0.14.

                                    I wanted to switch from the one I use now, which does work, but it has
                                    the minus of changing the window size to maximum, although never
                                    really maximizing the window entirely and it changes the window of the
                                    browsers that are already maximized properly into this
                                    "semi-maximized" version.

                                    <script language="javascript">
                                    <!--
                                    window.moveTo(0,0);
                                    window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight);
                                    window.focus();
                                    //-->
                                    </script>

                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...>