Re: [PanoToolsNG] Yosemite Extreme Pano Project

  • Joergen Geerds
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12 5:40 AM
      It was awesome to be part of that project, yosemite is a great place for photography/panography, and I can't wait to see the final panorama.
      here is the flickr stream:

      http://www.flickr.com/groups/xrez_yosemite/pool/

      -joergen

      ehanson <ehanson001@...> wrote:
      Just a heads up about a crazy project we are soon to do. We at xRez are
      prepping to do a major shoot of Yosemite valley, using 15 Gigapans, 3
      Rodeons, 2 PixOrbs, and a custom Microsoft rig all shooting gigapixel images
      simultaneously, ultimately rendering out of a 3d app containing all 20
      gigapixel panos mapped to a 1M DEM w/ a virtual slit-scan camera. Gerard
      Maynard, Joergen Geerds, and many other great pano photographers are joining
      in to make what could become a record-setting image. Here is a link to our
      project:

      http://www.xrez.com/yose_proj/Yose_index.html

      Anyway, we'll keep you posted on progress, results, and lessons learned as
      we get them!

      Eric Hanson
      xRez Studio
      www.xrez.com