Pano2QTVR 1.5.0beta1 including Flash export available

  • Thomas Rauscher
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
      Hello,

      I guess Pano2QTVR 1.5.0 is ready for some public beta testing.

      The major new feature is the Flash export, but this version also
      includes the Polish and Chinese translation.

      This new version can be downloaded from
      http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download.php#beta

      For Flash I included an extra Tab into the Pano2QTVR-Gui. All
      parameters which are useful for Flash are taken 1:1 from the QuickTime
      Settings like:

      - Window Size
      - Tile Size
      - {Pan,Tilt,FoV} x {Default,Min,Max}
      - Jpeg Quality

      There are also some new parameters, specific to the Flash output like
      the "wavyness" aka as Quality for different speed levels and
      auto rotation with some nice options.

      It is also possible to embed a controller which must be copied from
      the Pano2QTVR/Flash directory into your destination directory/onto the
      webserver. The Flash 8 .fla project for the current controller is
      included so if you like to change the controller, please do so. I
      would be very happy if you can send me the modifications and I guess
      others may also be interested.

      The output with controller looks like this:
      http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample_flash.php?demo=pano

      To test all this nice things you need a trial or pro license key. The
      Flash panos are visually watermarked. The rest works as normal. The
      Flash export is only an addition to Pano2QTVR pro.

      If you like to use/buy the FlashPack you have to upgrade your pro
      license to a "Pro + FlashPack" license for 30€ (single user, excl.
      VAT) or if you don't have a license yet you can buy a new Pano2QTVR
      pro + FlashPack license for 55€ (single user, excl. VAT) at
      http://www.pano2qtvr.com/flash.php The License will be valid for all
      upcoming versions 1.5 to 1.9.99 with the FlashPack.

      I hope you like the new possibilities and feedback/bugreports/... are
      (as always) welcome.

      btw: Features planed for the next beta, to avoid requests for that:
      - configurable preloader (colors, size, image?)
      - objects
      - cylinders

      MfG,
      Thomas.
    • Eduardo
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
        Congratulations Thomas!

        <G> Just one question: Do you ever sleep? :)

        Eduardo Hutter

      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
          Now that Mac is on Intel, have you considered a Mac version?

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

        • Thomas Rauscher
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
            Hello Eduardo,

            on Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 04:34:09 you wrote:

            E> Congratulations Thomas!

            E> <G> Just one question: Do you ever sleep? :)

            I should... but I can't ... ;)

            MfG,
            Thomas.
          • Aaron Spence
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
              Absolutely Brilliant. I've just downloaded it & am trying it
              presently. You'll have my $$$ for the upgrade by tomorrow.

              One feature/addition I would be forever grateful for, would be the
              ability to set different window size etc for the flash file so that we
              can batch output a fullscreen QTVR & small Flash file from the same
              source files in 1 step :)

              Thanks,

              Aaron.
            • Thomas Rauscher
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 5, 2006
                Hello John,

                on Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 05:24:48 you wrote:

                JR> Now that Mac is on Intel, have you considered a Mac version?

                Actually the switch to Intel resulted in a drop of my priority for a
                port to Mac OS, because now Mac Users can run Parallels/Boot Camp. I
                have a mac.mini (G4) on my desk for the porting but this does not has
                high priority yet, but maybe some day...

                MfG,
                Thomas.
              • Carel
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 5, 2006
                  Aaron Spence-2 wrote:

                  > One feature/addition I would be forever grateful for, would be the
                  > ability to set different window size etc for the flash file so that we
                  > can batch output a fullscreen QTVR & small Flash file from the same
                  > source files in 1 step :)
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Aaron.

                  Yes, I would also love to have that included for the final version !!

                  Carel

                  Sent from the PanoToolsNG forum at Nabble.com.
                • rogerhoward@rogerroger.org
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 5, 2006
                    On Sep 5, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Thomas Rauscher wrote:

                    > Hello John,
                    >
                    > on Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 05:24:48 you wrote:
                    >
                    > JR> Now that Mac is on Intel, have you considered a Mac version?
                    >
                    > Actually the switch to Intel resulted in a drop of my priority for a
                    > port to Mac OS, because now Mac Users can run Parallels/Boot Camp. I
                    > have a mac.mini (G4) on my desk for the porting but this does not has
                    > high priority yet, but maybe some day...

                    That's too bad... ever since the beta of PTGUI for OSX I'm not
                    interested in using Parallels if I don't have to - PTGUI was the main
                    reason I was using it. I am still hoping for a port of pano2qtvr for
                    OSX.

                    I just tried running pano2qtvr under CodeWeaver's CrossOver, hoping
                    it would work... Quicktime 6.5 installs and runs fine under CrossOver
                    - pano2qtvr installs and launches fine, but I can't save a project
                    file from it, so I can't test the rest of the app to see if I can use
                    it this way. This would be much preferred to running in Parallels, at
                    least, as it doesn't require booting Windows.

                    -R
                  • Andrey Ilyin
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 6, 2006
                    • Hoyle Koontz
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 7, 2006
                        Thomas,

                        My first examples of your Flash export are here:

                        http://www.technipix.com/flash_test/armc_flash.html - 600x400 pixels

                        http://www.technipix.com/flash_test/armc_flash_400x300.html - 400x300 pixels

                        I'm trying to find the best parameters for a compromise between a smoother rotation and decrease of wavy lines. Any recommendations in that regard?

                        I'm not having luck with getting the controller to show up. I have included both the controller files in the '/flash_test/' directory. What am I doing wrong?

                        Thanks again for creating and sharing this addition!

                        Hoyle

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 7, 2006
                          Ah, ha. . . got the controller to work! I realized I needed to put the controller.swf file name into the appropriate gui field.

                          _____

                          http://www.pano2qtv <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download.php#beta> r.com/download.php#beta

                          http://www.pano2qtv <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample_flash.php?demo=pano> r.com/sample_flash.php?demo=pano

                          VAT) or if you don't have a license yet you can buy a new Pano2QTVR pro + FlashPack license for 55€ (single user, excl. VAT) at http://www.pano2qtv <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/flash.php> r.com/flash.php The License will be valid for all upcoming versions 1.5 to 1.9.99 with the FlashPack.

                          I hope you like the new possibilities and feedback/bugreports/... are (as always) welcome.

                          btw: Features planed for the next beta, to avoid requests for that:
                          - configurable preloader (colors, size, image?)
                          - objects
                          - cylinders

                          MfG,
                          Thomas.

                        • Tom! Striewisch
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 9, 2006
                            Hello Thomas,

                            >I hope you like the new possibilities and feedback/bugreports/... are
                            >(as always) welcome.

                            Even so it is (until now? ;-) ) not the best viewer of all times it is
                            very useful as another alternative to show VRs.

                            I have some qustions:
                            Which kind of Flash is neccessary to modify the controller?
                            Is it possible with other software? (e.g. Corel R.A.V.E.)
                            How can I check if a visitor could view, so if hes uses flash8 or
                            better?

                            Tom!
                            Kugelpanorama-Schulungen: http://www.kugelbild.de
                          • Michael
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 9, 2006
                              Hello Thomas,

                              just a word about Flash versions based on figures from my flash
                              dependent website:

                              Newer Flash versions seem to reach a high degree of acceptance
                              fairly quick. In July I still had ca. 12% of my visitors using Flash
                              7 or 6, in august this figure had dropped to ca. 4% already. Seems
                              to decline now only slowly.

                              Yours,
                              Michael

                              www.premiumpano.de

                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Tom! Striewisch <tomptlist@...>

                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 9, 2006
                                Hello Tom,

                                on Saturday, September 9, 2006, 09:06:17 you wrote:

                                TS> Hello Thomas,

                                >>I hope you like the new possibilities and feedback/bugreports/... are
                                >>(as always) welcome.

                                TS> Even so it is (until now? ;-) ) not the best viewer of all times it is
                                TS> very useful as another alternative to show VRs.

                                TS> I have some qustions:
                                TS> Which kind of Flash is neccessary to modify the controller?
                                TS> Is it possible with other software? (e.g. Corel R.A.V.E.)

                                Currently this is a Flash 8 project but anything that can compile
                                Actions Script 2 should do it (maybe also AS1? Can not check).

                                In Flash 8 you only have to make a global function variable

                                var playerControl:Function;

                                and than call this function in your buttons f.e.

                                on (press) {
                                playerControl("pan",-1);
                                }

                                I have also written this down also at
                                http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7#7

                                TS> How can I check if a visitor could view, so if hes uses flash8 or
                                TS> better?

                                There is a "Flash plugin detection kit" at
                                http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/download/detection_kit/

                                with some samples.

                                MfG,
                                Thomas.