Convert Equirectangular to cube-sides using Unix tool?

  • Kjell Are Refsvik
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I am looking for a way to do batch-conversion of equirectangular
      panoramas to 6 cube-sides using a tool that runs under Unix.

      Does anyone know if panotools, imagemagick or other packages will let
      me do this?

      Best regards,

      Kjell Are Refsvik
      Norway
    • Sebastien Perez-Duarte
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
        On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:55, Kjell Are Refsvik <refsvik@...> wrote:
        > I am looking for a way to do batch-conversion of equirectangular
        > panoramas to 6 cube-sides using a tool that runs under Unix.
        >
        > Does anyone know if panotools, imagemagick or other packages will let
        > me do this?

        Yes. Take a look at Panotools-Script
        http://search.cpan.org/~bpostle/Panotools-Script-0.14/

        Works great for me under Linux.

        Cheers,

        Seb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
          refsvik wrote:

          > I am looking for a way to do batch-conversion of equirectangular
          > panoramas to 6 cube-sides using a tool that runs under Unix.
          >
          > Does anyone know if panotools, imagemagick or other packages will let
          > me do this?

          Yes, PTStitcher or one of it's derivatives (nona, PTMender) can do that. Get
          or compile a hugin package for your platform, it includes these command line
          tools: hugin.sf.net

          Then get a cubefaces script f.e. from
          http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/readme/scripts.html

          Script syntax is found here: http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher