Best Combination

  • Daniel Lemos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
      For
      all users get here seeking a search to find the best combination +
      camera lens to create an image with the largest width / resolution.

      We will discuss about quality, convenience and speed, give their opinions!

      Best Regards !

      http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
        On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 9:30, Daniel Lemos wrote:

        > all users get here seeking a search to find the best combination +
        > camera lens to create an image with the largest width / resolution.

        Simply take the longest focal length. You can shoot Terapixel
        panoramas this way using f.e. the Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6 ;-)

        > We will discuss about quality, convenience and speed, give their opinions!

        No, the 1200mm lens is not convenient. In practice you would choose
        the lens/camera combination depending on the result requirements - as
        always there is no "best" only a "best for"...

        F.e. the Nikkor 10.5 is a sharp and very good lens, but you can shoot
        higher resolution panoramas if you use a cheap 16mm Zenitar on the
        same camera. The ESO 5D is a very good camera, but you can shoot
        higher resolution panoramas using the same lens on a much cheaper EOS
        400D or a Nikon D80.

        And do you really need higher resolution? For web display an
        equirectangular size of 6000x3000 pixels (1910 pixels cube faces size
        for cubics) is sufficient in most cases, but with the upcoming
        popularity of high resolution displays you'll soon need 8000x4000
        pixels (2550 pixels cubefaces) to allow even moderate zoom in.
        However, a Nikon D70 + 10,5 lens is good for that, but an EOS 5D with
        the same lens gives slightly lower resolution.

        best regards
      • Daniel Lemos
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
          Then
          I would have the highest resolution of all combinations with a 16mm
          canon 400D + zenitar than if I use the 5D with the same lens, it would
          have some loss if I switch 5D by 400D for this purpose?

          http://br.mail.yahoo.com/